Ebay non paying bidder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

et0609

Car
E350d
I sold my MB Bluetooth cradle on Ebay last week. It ended on Sunday. The winning bidder has no feedback at all and hasnt paid.

I sent the buyer the invoice, then 2 reminders, one on Monday after 24 hours and another yesterday after 48 hours. Its now been 3 days and Ive had no payment and no replies.

According to Ebay I cant leave any - feedback, all I can do it file a non paying bidder dispute. But that has to be left for 7 days after and all they do is ask him to pay which Ive done 3 times.

Do you think Im being unreasonable offering it to the next bidder. I think Ive given the buyer long enough to pay and he has ignored my messages.

Thanks

I would send the first buyer an ultimatum to pay by a certain date otherwise you will assume that he is not interested in it and offer it to the underbidder. In my experience it does take some buyers a little time to sort themselves out. Keep a copy of the emails and that way if it ends up disputed you've got copies of all the relevant bits.

98% probably a scammer.
However, there are SOMETIMES events which crop up that can delay proceedings.
For example I once paid for an item which never arrived.
Despite trying to contact via email - AND phone - nothing.
2 weeks later the item arrived with a note of apology. The seller was involved in a bad road accident and ebay stuff went by the board.
There MAY - JUST MAY be an explanation. But in this case I doubt it.

You signed up to ebay therefore you have to follow its rules.

Id wait, email the second bidder and be honest, if they want it theyd wait.

I've given up with eBay because of all the non-paying bidders now.

If you do it properly through ebay and file a non paying bidder report you will be entitled to a refund of your fees if it is found in your favour.

It could that your buyer is going to be grief but,

Getting eBay involved after less than four days is a bit unfair.. especially with the public holiday.

just offer it to the next bidder down (if the price is right).

best way to avoid lots of non payers is to make sure they hold a paypal account and their credit card details are linked to their ebay account - only then can they bid.

this is available in your selling preferences in "my ebay". keeps 99% of the bad guys away standard auctions from my experience.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice. The guy did in fact pay today, with a note demanding he receives it straight away as hes going on holiday. Needless to say I didnt rush to the post office and what terrible luck, I just missed the last post.

To be honest I rarely sell or buy anything on Ebay. I would like to think most people on there are trustworthy, but in my experience, when things go wrong, Ebay dont give a monkeys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom