ebay numpty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
i recieved this email thismorning from a previous buyer:

Over a year ago (08 jul 2007)i bought something (item nr XXXXXXXX) and
never received it, after complainig and a redrawel of the feedback you
would send it again. never received anything, will i ever receive anything
or will you refund my money?

:rolleyes: i keep all records of my sales and i did send a replacement. Who do they think i am? a company offering a 3 year warranty or somethinG!!! :eek:

Did you send it recorded delivery or do you have proof of posting? It looks like this "numpty" never received either item, possibly because his eBay address was wrong?

There seems to be LOADS of scams going on since they changed how feedback is posted. Most sellers now dont offer any guarantees or refunds as a result unless the item is sent signed for and hasnt been.
Even down to many sellers reporting that they sell something - and then a few weeks later the buyer returns "the item" requesting a refund. "The item" of course is not the item originally supplied but a broken or faulty return.
Many sellers now mark their actual item posted with a UV pen so it can be positively identified if the buyer trys this on. Particularily prevelent on CD's and DVD's for obvious reasons. If you are an fleabay seller - be aware.

Did you send it recorded delivery or do you have proof of posting? It looks like this "numpty" never received either item, possibly because his eBay address was wrong?

it was probably sent 1st class - twice. low value items so not worth recording, just send replacements if they dont turn up. occasionally get a buyer screwing you over with paypal but very rarely. i dont sell these items anymore anyway

however this is the 1st time he sends me a mail after the original transaction back in july 2007.

he left me a negative as 1st point of contact to tell me it didnt arrive. he then withdraw it when i said i would send replacement, i did and didnt hear anything more until now.

does he really expect a refund.......... even a big business wouldnt

it was probably sent 1st class - twice. low value items so not worth recording, just send replacements if they dont turn up.

however this is the 1st time he sends me a mail after the original transaction back in july 2007.

he left me a negative as 1st point of contact to tell me it didnt arrive. he then withdraw it when i said i would send replacement, i did and didnt hear anything more until now.

does he really expect a refund.......... even a big business wouldn't

He certainly doesn't deserve one, not after that long. Makes me think his address isn't right though. I had a buyer like this, turned out his eBay address was still a house he left 2 years ago!

I think there is a time limit of 30 days for any/all feedback to be posted for any transaction.
I think.
If this is the case he cant now post any further feedback on you either good or otherwise.
So just tell him to find a long road off a short bridge.............

yeah he cant do anything now. you have 60 days to leave fb. he already did that anyway - you can only leave it once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom