Ebay on Watchdog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
....saying they're going to ban Western Union type sales. One to watch methinks ;)

And about time too.

I cannot believe that folk still use WU for 'scammy' transactions.

I dread to think what the WU marketing department is like :rolleyes:

K

I used Western Union in the past when I have been out of the country and have run out of money. Wifey pop to our bank, I pick up money next day.

I don’t think Western Union can be blamed for eBay swindles; the attacks are typical of our society. I never brought anything of eBay and know better then to use Western Union.

Had to use them (WU) to pay for holiday in the past, it's the time delays that make you nervous.

Cant say i've had probs with the Paypal service

u have to be a numpty to fall for WS scams.....

paypal isnt as good as they make it out to be.

You can still be screwed using paypal more so if you are a seller and the buyer claims to have either not recieved or recieved goods damaged.

Plus theres the cost of using paypal which is ridiculous.

Apparantly, ebay is being policed by the inland revenue...

mobeyone said:
Obviously everyone selling items on ebay is declaring any income they may have made from the transaction, there are no dodgy small businesses on there at all! :rolleyes:

the problem arises when ebay forward your mails to an email account they have been informed by the owner of that Ebay account that it has been hacked and the email address they are forwarding mail to is fraudulent, you respond feeling that all is ok, only to find you are £1300 poorer and ebay deny any liability. Well that is my experience. Even the owner of the account couldnt get an answer from Ebay.

mobeyone said:
paypal isnt as good as they make it out to be.

You can still be screwed using paypal more so if you are a seller and the buyer claims to have either not recieved or recieved goods damaged.

Plus theres the cost of using paypal which is ridiculous.

yeah paypal can be bad for sellers. i get lots of items not recieved. ebay allow "1st class standard" post to be selected as a payment (and many buyers only want to pay this) but paypal requires a tracking number (ie recorded del) to be covered as a seller, meaning on the majority of my sales I risk getting "had" by a buyer if they claim it never was recieved i dont have proof i sent it.

SilverSaloon said:
I risk getting "had" by a buyer if they claim it never was recieved i dont have proof i sent it.

Well you can get proof of posting for free at any post office, but as you say PayPal want a 'trackable' method rather than ordinary post.

BTB 500 said:
Well you can get proof of posting for free at any post office, but as you say PayPal want a 'trackable' method rather than ordinary post.

yeah paypal will just refund the buyer automatically if the tracking number is not valid when they try to type it in on royalmail.com

also when a dispute is made saying "item not recieved". there is no option to offer to send a replacement which is annoying.

why cant ebay and paypal be consistant. if buyer selects "royal mail 1st class standard" as the postage option when they purchase an item, then they shouldnt be able to claim back via paypal who request a tracking number.

its irrelevant (because of the above) but if u sent 100 items per day as many sellers do then u cant get proof of postage for all of them, otherwise u would be there all day. most sellers (myself included) would rather just send a replacement if there is a problem as its the cheapest option, but paypal dont give u proper security if u do this.

Paypal is a horrible tool to use. yes its convenitant but they keep your money for a week before they give it to you but debit your account almost immidiatley.

I have stopped using paypal and i have had my account since 2000 i think. They charge you for everything now. On one item i sold they took almost £40 in fees from me! Farce!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom