Ebay purchase.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrell

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
Gixxer 6, Citroen Berlingo, 911 C4S, Dacia Duster and lots of bicycles.
My wife wants to buy a Boardman bike off EBay . It's got a buy it now price. I want to see the bike for condition and size and as it's not a million miles away I can do this without a problem.

This is new to me so do I press the B.I.N button and back out if it's unacceptable?

Contact the seller and ask to view. Pressing B.I.N means you`ve bought it....unless it`s seriously not as described when you collect. Good bikes too.

Cymruambyth said:
Contact the seller and ask to view. Pressing B.I.N means you`ve bought it....unless it`s seriously not as described when you collect. Good bikes too.
Thanks. That's what we have done but we haven't had a reply. My wife thinks we may have done something wrong.

Can`t really do anything wrong. You just select contact seller and then send a message :thumb:

No mobile number?

I would go with post #2 normally however if it is something I am going to collect (and most ask for cash on collection to save fees) then I press the BIN button and only pay once I'm happy with the item on collection.

I would go with post #2 normally however if it is something I am going to collect (and most ask for cash on collection to save fees) then I press the BIN button and only pay once I'm happy with the item on collection.

I`d make sure the seller is ok with that first :thumb:

mbukclubarrell;2460678]Thanks. That's what we have done but we haven't had a reply. My wife thinks we may have done something wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yesterday I bought 5 litres of MB low ash engine oil on Ebay £22-98 post free, I say I bought, in fact my wife did, because she just knew, I'd make a fist of it, ha, ha, laughable. ( though she was probably right, as usual:doh:)

Last edited:
Hi. It's always worth checking your dealer for items such as oil. They are at times reasonably priced. I purchased a 20ltr of MB oil for a tad over £40..

Mine arrived today from Euro Commercials, Mercedes Benz, Newport, S/ Wales. Last year I bought 1 litre from local MB Dealer, paid £15.00 + vat.

Just looked on EBay...looks like most dealers sell the 20 ltr drum for £53 delivered. £15 a litre is robbery.

Back to the original question about the bike. If its not a million miles away arrange a viewing and then make an offer of what you think the bike is worth. Buy it now is the price on the windscreen so to speak. Haggle with cash in your pocket. If he/she likes your offer he/she can always remove it from ebay and sell it to you.

thedruid said:
Back to the original question about the bike. If its not a million miles away arrange a viewing and then make an offer of what you think the bike is worth. Buy it now is the price on the windscreen so to speak. Haggle with cash in your pocket. If he/she likes your offer he/she can always remove it from ebay and sell it to you.
The seller hasn't replied to our request to view. My wife gave up in the end.

She was a bit hacked off but that's life.

If I sell anything on ebay I bend over backwards to accommodate people...in fact I usually lose out on postage as I don`t like taking the p**s.

^ Last week I bought a bike from a buy, sell and swap site on Facebook. We agreed on the price but due to work I couldn't get up last weekend. I told the seller and he said he was happy and the while experience was hunky dory except when I contacted him on Tuesday morning I realised he had blocked me from his account. He's sold it to another buyer. I've bought another. That's the one I'm picking up tomorrow. Hopefully!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom