Ebay scamming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotth_uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Renault
Hi All,

As always, be aware of the scammers - here's today's:

eBay Member, 00-938495-003948-PSI-2834

During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification procedures, we have detected a slight error in your billing information.

This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information ( i.e. change of address).
2. Submitting invalid information during the initial sign up process.
3. An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due to an internal error within our processors.

Please update and verify your information by clicking the link below:

https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&Update=

If your account information is not updated within 48 hours then your ability to sell or bid on eBay will become restricted.

Sincerely
eBay Safe Harbor Dept.
Kenneth Paved

Hi scott,

check this out - i sold an item recenetly and got this email:

Subject: payment and pickup arrangment
Hello,
Thanks for your mail response and i am very sorry for the late response.i'm okay with the condition and am okay with the price of Bang & Olufsen B&O beo4 beolink.
As regard the pickup,I 'll employ my shipping agent to do so for me as soon as the transaction is sealed.This is how the payment will be made a Business partner of mine is owing me some fund in United kingdom in the amount of £2,800,I will instruct him to issue you the cheque and you will deduct the cost of Bang & Olufsen B&O beo4 beolink and the remaining balance will be send back to the (financial secretary of the shipping company) in cash via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER for immediate shipping arrangement for the Self Bang & Olufsen B&O beo4 beolink and also to pickup some other consignment..
If this is okay with you I want you to get back to me ASAP with your full name,address and landline phone number both mobile number, so that the payment can be issue out to you. Thanks for your understanding in anticipation.

Best regards,
Chris.
N:B:-I WILL WAIT FOR THE CHEQUE TO CLEAR BEFORE THE PICKUP CAN COMMENCE.

This is an old school scam to try and trick the seller into sending the item under the pretense that payment has been made...

It's an oldie but a goodie. If I remember correctly, you can actually start a WU payment, then bounce it - so when you check on it - it looks ok.

It will never end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom