eBay Secondary Air Injection Pumps? (from China!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RetiredSlider

Car
CLS 55 AMG, E270 CDI
Made in china: :fail

I'd go for a genuine part, any car part made in china is not going to last long.

carat 3.6 said:
Made in china: :fail I'd go for a genuine part, any car part made in china is not going to last long.

You do realise that many parts on a Mercedes and genuine Mercedes parts are made in China?

The Chinese will build you anything you want.... to whatever price you want.

It's not that it's made in China that's the question, it's who specced the part and to what price.

You do realise that many parts on a Mercedes and genuine Mercedes parts are made in China?

I do, that's one of the reasons why I don't like modern cars. ;)

But at least if the part is bought from a mercedes dealer you have a better chance of any problems being resolved.

Would you fit a set of cheap Chinese brake pads in your car?

Last edited:
I've just purchased a Switch cluster for an early ML which would have cost me £110 from Mercedes and I got it off a Chinese supplier, shipped for £42. I expected the worst, but it fitted perfectly and worked !!

I do, that's one of the reasons why I don't like modern cars. ;)

But at least if the part is bought from a mercedes dealer you have a better chance of any problems being resolved.

Would you fit a set of cheap Chinese brake pads in your car?

Totally agree with you and also one of my reasons I too dont like modern cars.

I wouldn't fit a set of cheap anything on my cars, I follow the old adage "you get what you pay for" That said I wouldn't fit a set of MB brake pads either which IMHO are equally as sh*te as some Chinese copies

I'm not concerned that it was made in China. I'm more interested as to whether anybody actually has/used one or not. Yes, things are made to a cost but also have significant margin put upon them once they have a 'name' on them. Whether that be Bosch or Mercedes-Benz.

It's not unknown for factories that produce official parts to produce 'extra' and then sell them onto the grey market.

recently replaced mine, bought a genuine bosch part from ECP 25% off rrp and abt 40% of mb dealer!

Chinese one may well be fine, at the end of the day its a motor and depends on quality of all the coils and materials used. it may last a few years or 10 depending on the above.

Totally agree with you and also one of my reasons I too dont like modern cars.

I wouldn't fit a set of cheap anything on my cars, I follow the old adage "you get what you pay for" That said I wouldn't fit a set of MB brake pads either which IMHO are equally as sh*te as some Chinese copies

That's the best way to look at it. Believe me, I'm not one for sticking to genuine parts.

I'll normally go for a brand that I've had good experience with in the past, Bosch, Delphi, and Lemforder are 3 that I trust. Now people will be quick to point out that some of those 3 company's parts are made in China, which is true. However there is a certain amount of quality control in the production of those, whereas with the no name Chinese brands it doesn't seem to mater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom