eBay Watchers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
As you may know, I have my car for sale on eBay, its been on there for a couple of days now, couple of queries - possible viewing this weekend.

However, its up to 46 'watchers' and its a classified ad, not an auction. Is it normal to get so many watchers?

Im not understanding the logic behind so many people watching it? :dk:

Each time I check theres another 5-6 watchers, but the corrispondence im getting doesnt reflect the high number?

Maybe they are watching it in hope that no one buys it and then they can come in with a stupid offer.

More than likely they 'watch' to keep track, I often set items to watch so I've got a list of potentials in one place.

Its a classified ad though, so you dont see bids/offers etc... which is what is puzzling me

I find that I end up "watching" a lot of cars similar to the one I end up buying, it gives you an idea of prices. Think of it like bookmarking a website.

If one advert ends, it has probably sold for near to what the classified price was.. .giving you an idea of the current market

Maybe some are interested in several choices of car and are viewing them on some kind of criteria such as distance/year/mileage/price/history/toys/etc., or maybe they're are getting hpi checks or insurance quotes.

Or maybe they are Club members just being curious to see how long it takes to sell at the advertised price or if it gets reduced.

Nice car by the way and I know you've looked after it and made several improvements, mods and upgrades to it, so good luck with the sale and also your new purchase. :thumb:
I like the look of the CLK, but having owned an XJS (also 2 door obviously) several years ago, I learned that because of the extra length of the doors one needs to be a contortionist, on occasion, to get in or out of them when using car parks with 'standard' width spaces and if some d*ckhead parked a tad too close, there was no chance of getting in, so it's been 4 doors for me since.

I find that I end up "watching" a lot of cars similar to the one I end up buying, it gives you an idea of prices. Think of it like bookmarking a website.

Yup. I think it's quite common for people to add items to their watchlist to get an idea of prices.

I certainly do it while thinking of buying - or selling.

If someone I know or have read a lot of their forum posts puts a car up for sale, I sometimes watch the sale so I know what people are talking about later. Maybe you're attracting some attention that way.

(I'm not watching this one as it happens, I share an ebay account with my wife and she tells me off if I put too many cars in the list because they obscure her view of the nonsense she's lining up to add to the hoard!)

Thanks for the replies, makes sense I guess!

One thing I have noticed is the activity on eBay is over double what AutoTrader has for my advents.

I often use the Watch method to just track cars of interest to me. It effectively becomes my short list of cars from which I'll make bookings to view and work my way down the list.

But Autotrader tends to bring in the serious buyers in my opinion.

Autotrader brings in the old school buyers.

I always sell on ebay and PH much wider audience especially for modded cars.

How many people in this thread are now watching?!

What are you replacing it with?

How many people in this thread are now watching?!

What are you replacing it with?

Its on 45 Watchers now.

Im going to replace it with a Prius*

*This is not true

Any Guesses?

Last edited:
Karl how can you sell it after all that hard work ? :confused: :confused:

E coupe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom