eBay Watchers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

imadoofus

MB Enthusiast
Car
This and that.
Is it usual to get lots of watchers on eBay?

I've (for the first time ever) listed eight items on eBay, and within four hours I've got the follwing:

Item 1 = 11 watchers
Item 2 = 6 watchers
Item 3 = 1 watcher
Item 4 = 8 watchers
Item 5 = 4 watchers
Item 6 = 5 watchers
Item 7 = 5 watchers
Item 8 = 3 watchers

And so far, no bids (but a number of questions)

Is this level of watching normal?

TIA

PJ

Half of them have similar items and just want to see what you get. Of the remainder half will lose interest after asking silly questions - the rest might bid if it closes at a reasonable time ;)

Yes, I constantly have a similar number of items listed....with similar numbers of watchers...

Many are simply curious, many are other sellers keeping an eye on sale prices and some simply enjoy window shopping.

Occasionally some of them may even bid...

Every set of wheels I sell get in excess of 40 watchers.

Interestingly, nobody, but nobody is selling the same items. Similar, yes, but inferior in every case I can find (and that's worldwide, and not just a matter of opinion).

I did suspect they might not be genuine buyers, so we'll have to wait and see what transpires...

PJ

Edit: And no sooner did I post that, than a couple of them bu66ered off!

Last edited:
Every set of wheels I sell get in excess of 40 watchers.

Me too!

Same experience as noted above, many people watch to gauge the market, the number of questions can be a better indication, it really depends upon what you're selling and how well you've written your advert. It's positive that you've got a number of watchers. I've listed things before that ave had no watchers until about 2 days were left on a 10 day auction :mad:

Good luck with your first time sale on ebay :)

Me too!

it really depends upon what you're selling and how well you've written your advert.

well this link is to my fiirst item (the others can be found from there).

It's not terribly well written, I know, but because of what I'm offering, I don't think I need to work too hard. Those who want it can't get it anywhere else - and I've checked ;)

PJ

Expect some reticence because of your zero feedback :(

Yeah, but I mentioned it, and I have to start somewhere :eek:

PJ

Also, having 0 feedback may determine your prices quite significantly! People don't trust people with 0 feedback!

Fair do's, I suppose.

But my starting prices are very low in the market for these particular items. Anyone who knows what they are looking at will know that, and they are free to talk to me personally to find out I'm a nice bloke...

In truth, I have bought from eBay before, but I prefer to do a deal and buy there and then, rather than wait until the auction end.

PJ

You can always use bid assistant these days that basically, "bids for you" right at the end for the price ur willing to pay. Unless you can find a friend or family member with a good feedback, I would think you would struggle to sell a few of your items. I would go for selling the cheaper ones first, then once sold, introduce the others

Ibs

I would go for selling the cheaper ones first, then once sold, introduce the others
Yes, but I only have 3 'cheaper' items, and presumably the total feedback I'd get from those would still leave me pretty low anyway.

Yes, but I only have 3 'cheaper' items, and presumably the total feedback I'd get from those would still leave me pretty low anyway.

Yes and no.

Unless you end a few of your listings early (when you think you can get a good enough value to sell for), then you can get good "enough" feedback. But in your case, you have gone and put all your items on at the same time, so unless you actually do end some early to a bidder or just end them in general, noone will know if you are a "good" ebayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom