eBay - what a weird place!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
Nothing that unusual really, but last week I bought another brand new 18" AMG Styling II wheel. It's an 8J ET31, and so would make a useful spare.

Was described as having 'light scuffs' but when it arrived I couldn't see any. Not one scuff! Ok, about two speck marks that I wouldn't even expect quality control to pick up! Brand new wheel which just looks as though it has had a tyre fitted and then removed

Came shipped straight from Mercedes-Benz Sheffield in MB packaging, and cost £72, so not bad really.

The guy who I bought it from then listed another, exactly the same. Thought I'd keep an eye on it and make a pair if it went cheap enough (people would probably think it was kerbed and needing refurbishment). Just ended a minute ago for £160! More than double that I paid? :eek:

Link

Not really bothered, I would have probably paid about £90 or something - just seems madness that someone would buy a possibly 'damaged' wheel like that for £160 with no tyre/center cap or anything.

Oh well, eBay madness! :D

Will

Just one of ebay's quirks.

All you need are a few people after the same thing for the price to rocket. It's the win, win, win mentality that makes certain items end high.

Will said:
Nothing that unusual really, but last week I bought another brand new 18" AMG Styling II wheel. It's an 8J ET31, and so would make a useful spare.

Was described as having 'light scuffs' but when it arrived I couldn't see any. Not one scuff! Ok, about two speck marks that I wouldn't even expect quality control to pick up! Brand new wheel which just looks as though it has had a tyre fitted and then removed

Came shipped straight from Mercedes-Benz Sheffield in MB packaging, and cost £72, so not bad really.

The guy who I bought it from then listed another, exactly the same. Thought I'd keep an eye on it and make a pair if it went cheap enough (people would probably think it was kerbed and needing refurbishment). Just ended a minute ago for £160! More than double that I paid? :eek:

Link

Not really bothered, I would have probably paid about £90 or something - just seems madness that someone would buy a possibly 'damaged' wheel like that for £160 with no tyre/center cap or anything.

Oh well, eBay madness! :D

Will
Wow you got a bargain there. Ebay madness indeed. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom