ebay WIS discs,are they any good.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasons

SUPPORTER
Car
w204 c220 cdi sport
hi has anybody had any experience with the ebay WIS discs are they any good and work ok or would I be wasting my money.if you have purchased some and they are ok could you point me in the right direction.

I used emanualsonline.com as I was fed up with the discs I was getting off of ebay not installing.
Though you buy the manual specifically for you,re car, but once installed it turned out to be a complete copy of WIS, the programme operates from a Virtual machine of XP, but they cover the installation procedure quite thoroughly and support is good too.

Don't buy knock off copies, if you aren't prepared to pay for the real thing just download your own pirate copy for nothing!

There is a specific way to install WIS from scratch. Also, your link is dead

There's no 's' in the proper link but these people are just better organised pirates...don't feed them.

You should install it on a clean VM, it's designed to run on a dedicated PC.

If you join the official MB Owners club, you get access to EPC and WIS included.

There's no 's' in the proper link but these people are just better organised pirates...don't feed them.

You should install it on a clean VM, it's designed to run on a dedicated PC.

Don't worry mate, I don't :thumb: EPC and WIS can be installed easily on most PCs, I have them on my day to day laptop, win 7 X64

Didn't realise that. I have my wires crossed, so what is WIS?

EPC is the electronic parts catalogue, it shows the vehicle's parts as exploded diagrams. WIS is the workshop manual showing the step by step instructions on how to remove/install parts

Don't worry mate, I don't :thumb: EPC and WIS can be installed easily on most PCs, I have them on my day to day laptop, win 7 X64

EPC is the electronic parts catalogue, it shows the vehicle's parts as exploded diagrams. WIS is the workshop manual showing the step by step instructions on how to remove/install parts

Thats handy to know, thanks. I will look into getting it, but no doubt it won't run on mac, EPC doesn't.

[/B]

Thats handy to know, thanks. I will look into getting it, but no doubt it won't run on mac, EPC doesn't.

You run it in an XP VM just like I said, I use it with Fusion on my Mac Pro and Macbook Pro with no problems at all.

I've been having trouble finding a copy of windows to use with VM, I tried the windows 10 preview, but it expired and won't be paying to keep it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom