eBay - Would you post to another country?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Selling my W209 AMG bumper on eBay at the moment and I have been contacted by a person from Jakarta, Indonesia.

He has asked if I would post (he'll pay of course).

Would you? is it likely to be major grief?

No way! Postal service isn't tracked so they'll claim non delivery and get refunded by paypal!

I'll post to europe (but not Italy for same reason above), USA or Canada but nowhere else.

Why should they want to buy when they have access to so many cheap Asian copies?

Yes, I would happily send it.

You can't send something as big as a bumper through the 'Postal service', by which I'm guessing you mean Royal Mail.

Using a courier such as Interparcel or ParcelFlight is 100% safe, tracked door to door & guaranteed to get there. Indonesia has some odd & very strict rules about used car parts, but that's his responsibility & look out. Most Indonesians are happy to pay by bank transfer & in this case you should insist on it - no chargebacks, & much cheaper than Paypal.

I have an eBay shop and we ship all over Europe daily.

I insist on International signed for once the value exceed £30 (which adds £5.15 to the postal cost).

For a large item like a bumper you'll need to be looking at parcel force and will need a signed for delivery option.

Indonesia would ring alarm bells though.

Send it but DO NOT accept paypal insist on bank transfer.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

I have sent items all over the world , including USA , Canada , Australia , New Zealand , India and Japan , although nothing as big as a bumper , and always just used Parcelforce .

One thing though is that I have never accepted Paypal , and have always insisted in a money order or bank transfer in £ sterling , and with all transaction charges paid at their end .

I've sold items all over Asia with no problems, in all reality the item will take longer than 45 days to get there so they won't be able to open a dispute as the time limit will have elapsed. If you're selling alot of stuff on eBay it might be worth while opening another account so that PayPal can't extract the money back if somebody makes an illegitimate claim against you, something like a Co-op Cashminder.

It takes 3-5 days for DHL, UPS, TNT or a similar professional courier company to deliver to Indonesia.

Selling my W209 AMG bumper on eBay at the moment and I have been contacted by a person from Jakarta, Indonesia.

He has asked if I would post (he'll pay of course).

Would you? is it likely to be major grief?

I would consider it - however it's likely to be extremely expensive to ship to Indonesia (hopefully he knows that).

If you do go for it, ensure that he goes for insured delivery and that you get payment via a bank transfer.

When I sold a 203 AMG bumper, I had a guy from Sweden who wanted it but the quotes we got for shipping were ridiculous becuase of the way most parcel companies price up deliveries.

Sounds like stress and hassle, id sell it so someone in the UK, alot easier, and unless he is willing to pay silly money for it (why would he), its not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom