Ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Originally posted by GDC200
Koolvin, Mark300SL is this for real, does it work, is it safe, is it reversable, has anyone actually done it? If the answers to these questions are yes than why havent we all got one?

Do I really want my ECU thinkinking cold air is entering engine if it is really warm air?

I think I'll let this one pass! :)

OMG, you won it!!!!

LOL, Im sure its just a gimmick, I dont think they sell a universal ignition timing resistor (which is what I think he is selling) I got mine for 7.50 but I used a different OHM one to retard my igntion instead of advancing it!!

let me know what you get once he sends it!

The seller also has a 0 rating :(

...But does it work?

Are you brave enough to find out?

Sorry lads - this one is a bit of sticky subject :(

In theory it works - in practice it doesn't work well- and I would imagine the adaptive Ecu fitted to our cars would make it even less effective.

The idea of forcing a car to overfuel has been aroun for ages - and when combined with a decent airfilter and free flowing exhaust could make a bit more power, but on an otherwise std engine it coud cause long term bore wash!

Better to stick with "proper " chipping or advancing the timing with a resistor as Koolvin did !

HTH

Mark

Re: A fool and his money.......

Caveat Emptor!

Nuff said !!

Anyone who wants any info on similar products - please mail me for any help I can give before bidding !!!

Please also ignore the "electric turbos" that appear on ebay !

Mark

I got an e-mail from a bznsport member from the USA last year. He has a w124 E500 and he wanted the UK/European resistor to replace the one found in the USA models because he wanted to reduce the retard on ignition or something. He was willing to pay about $100 for one resistor, but it turned out they were only about $2 each (listed on the parts computer as a "trimmer plug" , the stealership parts guys had no idea what it was either! ) so I bought him 20 of them and he paid me about $45 for the lot. He didn't tell me if they worked or not or even if they fitted, but he didn't complain either so I guess that's that! :)

Originally posted by Shude
I got an e-mail from a bznsport member from the USA last year. He has a w124 E500 and he wanted the UK/European resistor to replace the one found in the USA models because he wanted to reduce the retard on ignition or something. He was willing to pay about $100 for one resistor, but it turned out they were only about $2 each (listed on the parts computer as a "trimmer plug" , the stealership parts guys had no idea what it was either! ) so I bought him 20 of them and he paid me about $45 for the lot. He didn't tell me if they worked or not or even if they fitted, but he didn't complain either so I guess that's that! :)

YEP THEY DO WORK! I HAVE ONE FITTE DIN MINE TO REVERSE THE TIMING! dAMM cAPPS

Originally posted by Koolvin
YEP THEY DO WORK! I HAVE ONE FITTE DIN MINE TO REVERSE THE TIMING! dAMM cAPPS

Vin Please take note ..........

caps.gif

Mark
dAMM cAPPS
:D :D :D

I got an e-mail from a bznsport member from the USA last year. He has a w124 E500 and he wanted the UK/European resistor to replace the one found in the USA models because he wanted to reduce the retard on ignition or something. He was willing to pay about $100 for one resistor, but it turned out they were only about $2 each (listed on the parts computer as a "trimmer plug" , the stealership parts guys had no idea what it was either! ) so I bought him 20 of them and he paid me about $45 for the lot. He didn't tell me if they worked or not or even if they fitted, but he didn't complain either so I guess that's that!

The R/16 resister can change the timing on US-spec M102 and M103 engines. There are a few threads about this on 190Rev and MercedesShop. You can also get an adjustable resistor from a 16 Valve 190E.

Regards,

Don

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom