EBC REDS Installed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E63s s213 2019, E55 2004 Silver-SOLD, E63 w212 Weistec AMG-SOLD, E55 2004-SOLD, C36 1997-SOLD
Ok guys, ive bitten the bullet too, gone for the reds on oem disks, the rears were pretty easy and slotted in like oem, but the front ones were a pig and needed a filing on the squeel plate before they went in! had the fronts done at the indi as every bolt was rusted on, took the indi 3 hours to do just the fronts because of everything seizing.

oem pads were rusted and cracked and the disks had cracks near the drilled holes and very grooved, so all needed replacing.

just drove 60 miles back from the indi and the squeeling has started, which i know is normal on the EBC REDS at the start, the misses thought it was a truck pulling up! got a few long drives coming up so should bed in nicely, will do the 60-10mph stop thing a few times later this week after driving a few hundred miles, i`ll let you know how i get on.

Any update, I am about to get some and would like a real first hand opinion.

thanks

Paul

Hi

Drove about a 1000 miles before the squeeling went, front squeel stopped before the rear did, EBC have a bedding in layer which make them squeel more, they also have a bedding in procedure which you should follow.

Bite is better than the original pads, but this could be because they are new pads.

My main gripe about the original pads was the dust they produced, these are great, ive just covered 600 miles over the weekend and there was a very thin layer of dust, whereas with oem pads they would be black!

The dust off the EBC reds also wipes off very easily, the wheels just need a wipe rather than a proper wash.

In regards to brake fade, i havent done any "hard" driving lately so cant comment but these are suppossed to be better.

If you can put up with the squeel (which is pretty bad) and the looks by other drivers it produces, then go for these pads.

I had the EBC Green pads on my C36 and covered about 5000 miles in them before selling the car, the greens also seemed to bed in a bit quicker.

I noticed my squeeking brakes have ceased making a noise now.

I have no idea what pads they used at the front but this car stops on a sixpence.

I have no idea what pads they used at the front but this car stops on a sixpence.

The American driver of a car on the London-to-Brighton said the same to me about his car. He also said the sixpence would have to be two hundred yards up the road...

Nick Froome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom