EBC vs Textar E-pads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lordlee

Car
A207 E350 CDI Brabus D6
I am currently deliberating between some redstuff's and the new Textar E-Pad range. Red stuff do come up cheaper at £48.70 rather than £55.72 @ ECP.
Has anyone tried the Textar and are they any better? From what I have read they are no better than a standard but produce less dust.
Since I know the redstuff is a very good pad I will probably go with it but I thought I'd ask around first....

They are very new pads the E type. I am about to do a test with them Thursday.

From their own blurb textar seem to be saying that the only advantage with them is low brake dust and that there is no braking performance increase over standard. They do say they wear a little better.
Redstuff when fitted to my Audi cab made a good difference and one that you could certainly feel so it will be interesting to hear your thoughts C55

it`d be interesting to see if they are better made also as the fitting on the EBC REDS is pretty bad and needed slight modification on the E55. Good braking and nice clean wheels though.

Alps - were they off ebay as there have been some fakes in circulation.

Alps - were they off ebay as there have been some fakes in circulation.

Hi, no they were genuine from ECP, i had the same problem with the greenstuff rears which i put on my old C36.

they needed filing\grinding down on the metal shim to fit in the caliper correctly, other than that they are good.

A few members (Including Olly @ PCD) have had issues with EBC fitting various mercs - although they are a 'performance pad' they're still aftermarket quality.

Although the Textars don't aim for performance, their target is a true OE quality pad, with high quality, low dust friction material.

Olly should be getting a (correct) set of pads for a trial fit on one of his cars, I'd hold off until we see what he says, a totally impartial review :)

What price are the Textar Epads for a CLK320 W208 please?

What price are the Textar Epads for a CLK320 W208 please?

I'd need a reg, to find the correct set as it varies on which braking system you have from the factory (TEVES or LUCAS)

Either:

Description: Textar E-Pad (Front LUCAS OE Brake System)
Part No.: 10122118E
Web Price: £68.50
Forum Price: £51.38
| Euro Car Parts UK

Description:Textar E-Pad (Front ATE OE Brake System)
Part No.: 10122027E
Web Price: £70.94
Forum Price: £53.21
| Euro Car Parts UK

Hope that helps

Give me 5 and I will look them up.

I'd need a reg, to find the correct set as it varies on which braking system you have from the factory (TEVES or LUCAS)

Either:

Description: Textar E-Pad (Front LUCAS OE Brake System)
Part No.: 10122118E
Web Price: £68.50
Forum Price: £51.38
| Euro Car Parts UK

Description:Textar E-Pad (Front ATE OE Brake System)
Part No.: 10122027E
Web Price: £70.94
Forum Price: £53.21
| Euro Car Parts UK

Hope that helps

Thanks for the above as I will need fronts in around 5k but its trhe rears I need first so I should have mentioned it. V937LAR is my plate.

Thanks for the above as I will need fronts in around 5k but its trhe rears I need first so I should have mentioned it. V937LAR is my plate.

Similar question for you....

IF it has ONE retaining pin in the caliper...

Description: Textar E-Pad Brake Pads (Rear)
Part No.: 10122035E
Web Price: £55.72 (Priced Per Axle)
Forum Price: £41.79
Textar E-Pad Mercedes-Benz | Euro Car Parts UK
101220351.jpg

If you have 2 retaining pins, then Textar don't currently produce the EPAD for that calliper

Description:Textar Brake Pads (Rear)
Part No.: 101220026
Web Price:£32.34 (Priced Per Axle)
Forum Price: £24.26
Textar Mercedes-Benz | Euro Car Parts UK
101220021.jpg

the old 1 or 2 pin problem again eh :)

That part you list for the single pin may not be correct, it certainly isnt the rear pad I have for the 320 rears, mine are 63mmx78mm not 63.74

Last edited:
the old 1 or 2 pin problem again eh :)

That part you list for the single pin may not be correct, it certainly isnt the rear pad I have for the 320 rears, mine are 63mmx78mm not 63.74

Hi Mark,

This is the below tech sheet from ATE:

604065.JPG

Comparison numbers
MERCEDES-BENZ 002 420 52 20
MERCEDES-BENZ 003 420 28 20
MERCEDES-BENZ 003 420 52 20
MERCEDES-BENZ 005 420 19 20

I don't know if yours are a different part number, if they measure 63mm - If so i'd happily pass on the details to our braking team to look into.

Yes, thats the rear pads I have on my 208, so thats three different versions for the 320/208

Similar question for you....

IF it has ONE retaining pin in the caliper...

Description: Textar E-Pad Brake Pads (Rear)
Part No.: 10122035E
Web Price: £55.72 (Priced Per Axle)
Forum Price: £41.79
Textar E-Pad Mercedes-Benz | Euro Car Parts UK
101220351.jpg

If you have 2 retaining pins, then Textar don't currently produce the EPAD for that calliper

Description:Textar Brake Pads (Rear)
Part No.: 101220026
Web Price:£32.34 (Priced Per Axle)
Forum Price: £24.26
Textar Mercedes-Benz | Euro Car Parts UK
101220021.jpg

Right OK I have the two slot pads with ATE calipers and I need to order some. Will I be able to order over the website and collect from the Wokingham store please? What do I need to do to order? Is there a code that I need?

These don't appear to have wear limiters on the calipers - should they?

Right OK I have the two slot pads with ATE calipers and I need to order some. Will I be able to order over the website and collect from the Wokingham store please? What do I need to do to order? Is there a code that I need?

Hi,

Yes the code is MBCLUB25 - the website will allow you to check stock at your local store - If you need any help, give me a shout :)

Hi,

Yes the code is MBCLUB25 - the website will allow you to check stock at your local store - If you need any help, give me a shout :)

Thank you and I need your help - cant order click and collect as they are not in stock in wokingham and if i order in store i dont get the discount. Can you help? I can pm you my number but I have until 13.45 cut off

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom