Eccelestone Lost the Plot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spinaltap

Car
A180 Avantgarde (2009) A180 Avantgarde (2012)
I am really anti-sky,and fanatically pro+F1,avoiding news to watch highlights on BBC is beginning to cheese me off,but by the sounds of it better than nothing for now.

I do not subscribe to Sky but using my computer and linking it to my television, I watched the Canadian race live.

I do not like Murdoch and refuse to give him my money, also I am not that happy with the poison dwarf (B.E.) but that is another matter. I do agree that BE has lost the plot and has mis-judged the British F1 fans.

I agree with most all of the above but Bernie is no mug
if he thinks he can make it all pay per view he probably will

I used to watch every session of F1 in the 80s/90s but i do find it difficult to enjoy watching these days i dont find it quite so compelling
maybe the characters have gone

If it did go to sky, F1 would lose this fan.

I wonder how many would pay to watch the Monaco 70 lap parade?

I think Mika is on the money here. (As well as BCE.)

He's no fool, mug, or plot-loser. If he's doing it, you can bet your asre he's done the maths and found that the calculations add up. Simple as that.

Its all about big bucks nothing else matters:mad:

B.E already counting the South American dollars, as interest there gains momentum, whats the betting Bernie will be pushing for Perez to get a Ferrari seat next season

With a bank balance of around £2.5 billion he must be doing something right me thinks.

Bernie's as sharp as a razor and is following the money (not that he can live long enough to spend it all). I can envision a time when Sky have a specific offering for F1 - chargeable seperately from the Sports package.

I had access to SKy Sports for other reasons so did not have to pay extra for F1 this year. I've watched both. In my opinion, the commentary on both channels is not as good as the coverage we had last year on BBC - both channels seemed to have reverted to a loudmouth screaming emotionally into the microphone without engaging brain.

To Sky's credit, the red-button coverage with selectable camera views is a nice touch and a plus on the previous BBC offering - it also gives a break from emotional commentators. On balance though, I would not pay for Sky Sports if it was just for F1 - it's just not that much better. What will happen is that fans will drift from F1 and new recruits won't get hooked because they won't have the opportunity to see it (free).

"Sky reaches over 10 million households," Ecclestone said. "We don't get 10 million on the BBC, normally about six or seven million".

Can someone help me with the arithmetic here please? If only 6-7million in the uK watch it when it's free - why will 10million queue up to pay to watch it?

"Sky reaches over 10 million households," Ecclestone said. "We don't get 10 million on the BBC, normally about six or seven million".

Can someone help me with the arithmetic here please? If only 6-7million in the uK watch it when it's free - why will 10million queue up to pay to watch it?

Very good point, BBC 'reaches' probably more than triple that - doesn't mean people watch everything on it.

That was the whole point of my initial post.

I've just finished reading Bernie Ecclestone's biography. It's not entitled "No Angel" for nothing. If you really want to know how corrupt and what a nasty business F1 really is, then you should check it out. Bernie has been ripping people off to the tune of billions for years and getting away with it - and still is. Not a nice man at all. There's business and there's Bernie's way of doing business. Do not confuse the two.

He's a shrewd chap but can't be trusted to keep to his word - last year he was committed to F1 remaining free to air and now we have Sky (so I won't see many GP's live this year).

That said, the BBC wanted out of their existing contract as it was too rich for them.

I have to be honest and say that I'm loving F1 on Sky, I find the whole schedule MILES better than BBC. It was disappointing though to call my dad on Sunday and ask his thoughts only to remember he wasnt able to watch it ans was waiting on the highlights.

I have the HD package so it doesnt cost me anymore money. I cancelled my SkySports as I dont watch enough to justify it.

I just watch it on one of the streaming tv websites for free. Just do a search, there are plenty of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom