Eco Houses

Swotty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2003 CL600
Lets put it this way - before the condensing tumble dryer I would have to clean and descale her steam iron monthly and replace it after about 3 years (in East Sussex/Kent a lot of our water comes from the chalk, so is hard). Since the condensing tumble dryer and using the condensed water I clean her steam iron about once pa and have not replaced it in about 15 years! I rest my case!!

If you'd like to collect the bits for the rack, you're welcome to them - 8 miles from J10 M20 towards Tenterden.

Or install a water softener ... operates on the whole system apart from the sink taps.

Darrell

MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
K3 GSXR 600, S-Type Jaaaaag, Dacia Duster,Carrera (996)
Lets put it this way - before the condensing tumble dryer I would have to clean and descale her steam iron monthly and replace it after about 3 years (in East Sussex/Kent a lot of our water comes from the chalk, so is hard). Since the condensing tumble dryer and using the condensed water I clean her steam iron about once pa and have not replaced it in about 15 years! I rest my case!!
That’s weird.
We’ve got 377ppm and our iron was a wedding present from 2003. It still works perfectly.

OP
OP
Mactech

Mactech

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Audi A8 50 Tdi, Mazda MX~5, Land Rover Defender, VFR1200
It's been a nice (if a little chilly) day in Norfolk today and for the first time this year our solar panel energy output has exceeded our consumption.
Given that we are still only a few weeks from the shortest day, this looks promising as the year progresses.
Roll on summer, for so many reasons:cool:

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
It's been a nice (if a little chilly) day in Norfolk today and for the first time this year our solar panel energy output has exceeded our consumption.
Given that we are still only a few weeks from the shortest day, this looks promising as the year progresses.
Roll on summer, for so many reasons:cool:

There's more sunshine pa in Norfolk and Aberdeen than anywhere else in England and Scotland respectively.

You'll be coining it in. Before you know it you'll be able to buy a turnip field and a small tractor. You'll have finally arrived.

OP
OP
Mactech

Mactech

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Audi A8 50 Tdi, Mazda MX~5, Land Rover Defender, VFR1200
There's more sunshine pa in Norfolk and Aberdeen than anywhere else in England and Scotland respectively.

You'll be coining it in. Before you know it you'll be able to buy a turnip field and a small tractor. You'll have finally arrived.
The more sunshine thing was brought into stark relief by moving form the NW. We have just about 35% of the rainfall here now.
Didn't really notice it much whilst working, but now we are at home every day, it's much appreciated.
You so wrong about the small tractor! It was sold just before moving here, having been sitting unused for the previous 6 years......

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
The more sunshine thing was brought into stark relief by moving form the NW. We have just about 35% of the rainfall here now.
Didn't really notice it much whilst working, but now we are at home every day, it's much appreciated.
You so wrong about the small tractor! It was sold just before moving here, having been sitting unused for the previous 6 years......

When I lived in Edinburgh, the difference between the East coast and West was really noticeble. I had a load of mates in Dumfries and Gallow and used to often barrel down the A701 down past the Devils Beeftub and onto Castle Douglas.

I'd often leave a clear (but cold) Edinburgh and arrive in a much warmer but wetter CD. Same in reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom