Eco mode not working after first use

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If the green light on the ECO button no longer comes-on automatically when the engine is started, then there's a fault in the system, and you'll need to have the fault codes read.

Is the main battery sufficiently charged? Did you get a chance to take the car for a longer drive recently - say 30 minutes or more?
Hi Markjay...aplogies for delayed reply, It's only today I got a chance to scan it. Showed 2 codes, all historic.
P061000 ;- The coding of the control module is incorrect.
U010300 :- Communicator with the electrical selector for lever module has a malfunction.
I've cleared them and will run another scan in a few days, and see what that tells me
So the sequence is as follows: Turn on key, all lights showing, including green light on ECO switch on dash. Start engine and sometimes green light goes off straight away, or else behaves normally and I have to manually switch it off. There's a a brand new secondary battery in the boot as well. It will ( so far anyway) start first time, every time, after a few turns. I'll check it out now, first start of the day, and then later start after a drive, and we will see how it goes ..... I fitted a towbar recentl;y, and I first though that I may have disturbed something in the SAM when doing the wiring. But had that happened, I'm pretty sure that it would have shown a code.And everything else is working.... So I will have to search on,,I'm not worried (actually I'm happy ) that the stop / start is off, but in case there is an underlying problem, as I mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom