ECO operation.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Redcar56

Car
C220 CDI AMG
I recently bought a 2014 C220 CDi from a Mercedes main dealer. I have had the car since December and never had the engine "stop start" operate, I reported this to the dealer and they said that "the system has to meet so many factors before operating that's why" does that sound correct. The ECO button is on and green and the ECO symbol on the dash yellow. Wasn't sure if the dealer was just using any excuse, they also told me the Coolant light is on and I'm losing water because I'm using the heater and it's cold, :):) you can imagine my answer to that comment.

I recently bought a 2014 C220 CDi from a Mercedes main dealer. I have had the car since December and never had the engine "stop start" operate, I reported this to the dealer and they said that "the system has to meet so many factors before operating that's why" does that sound correct. The ECO button is on and green and the ECO symbol on the dash yellow. Wasn't sure if the dealer was just using any excuse, they also told me the Coolant light is on and I'm losing water because I'm using the heater and it's cold, :):) you can imagine my answer to that comment.

Having electrical consumers switched-on can affect the stop/start function, try switching the heating system off completely and see if this makes a difference?

Having electrical consumers switched-on can affect the stop/start function, try switching the heating system off completely and see if this makes a difference?
Switched heater off and all electrics with engine up to temperature and still doesn't work, I don't like the function anyway so would turn it off just surprised it doesn't seem to work.

Second point on coolant loss, get to the water pump and look for coolant stains at the rear of the pulley, it's a fairly common problem with the seal.
First point, as MJ says, so many variables have got to line up before ss works, exactly the same thing is happening with mine during the cold weather, today it's 15 degrees and it's working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom