ECO START STOP NOT WORKING MERCEDES E220D (2016)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tk1

Car
E220d 2016
Hi everyone. I have realised that the ECO START STOP is not working for a few days now. I have replaced the key fob battery just in case this was the problem, but still not working. I am bringing the car to the right temperature, still not working. I am not receiving any messages/faults on the control panel, or any message that my batteries (main or aux) are mulfunctioning. Any thougths?

Most likely low voltage on main battery, give it a charge overnight.mine has been the same now for a few days.

Reactions: Tk1
Hi,
There are multiple factors that must be correct before the stop/start is enabled. They include the ambient temp, the battery charge level, the engine temp, whether seat belts are fastened, electrical load, minimum speed achieved since start, etc., etc.
You could try turning off the air con and see if the Eco light turns green.

Hi,
There are multiple factors that must be correct before the stop/start is enabled. They include the ambient temp, the battery charge level, the engine temp, whether seat belts are fastened, electrical load, minimum speed achieved since start, etc., etc.
You could try turning off the air con and see if the Eco light turns green.
I tried turning A/C off but no change.

Hi what model is it 212 or 213 ? If it's the 212 you will have an aux battery in the boot next to the main battery these are quite tempremental and often don't last very long thing they are a 12ah battery. As stated vehicle needs to see alot to make the stop start work like battery voltage consumer usage etc also whether there are any issues with components that will not allow the engine to restart when stopped alot of this goes on in the background of the cars control units and can be checked via the mb star diag system. To start with I would recharge the battery and switch off all consumers you dont need to use radio ac etc and take for a good drive and see what happens also if you have run the fuel low the vehicle will need to see 1 litre of fuel usage in one trip before it will switch back on. See how you get on

Hi what model is it 212 or 213 ? If it's the 212 you will have an aux battery in the boot next to the main battery these are quite tempremental and often don't last very long thing they are a 12ah battery. As stated vehicle needs to see alot to make the stop start work like battery voltage consumer usage etc also whether there are any issues with components that will not allow the engine to restart when stopped alot of this goes on in the background of the cars control units and can be checked via the mb star diag system. To start with I would recharge the battery and switch off all consumers you dont need to use radio ac etc and take for a good drive and see what happens also if you have run the fuel low the vehicle will need to see 1 litre of fuel usage in one trip before it will switch back on. See how you get on
It is a 213.

Most often the case is low main battery during winter when its at its weakest, a lot of factors restrict the stop start but this is the simplest to try.
Get yourself a smart charger and leave overnight, then take it for a nice run out with everything off you don't need, heater fan, sat nav , radio etc and get it warm.
I have the same problem, some say its the aux battery that can cause the problem as well, but mine is fine as reading 13.45 v.

aux battery.JPG

Same here , but I've no use for it except a paper weight .
Why ? have you removed it ?

Is the stop/start inoperative when the DPF is doing a regen ?
Start/ stop will not function during regen. Often you cannot tell car is doing regen apart from start/ stop not going green So not working and the tell tale clicking metallic noises from under the car when you get out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom