ECP discount

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clkrichard

Car
2011 CLC 220cdi 2004 CLK 320 cabriolet, R230 SL500, A class Sport AMG now arrived.
I just entered MBCLUB25 discount code into an ECP offer of Meguiars wax via Amazon and got no discount. The same product on the ECP website is much more expensive.
Am I being too optimistic expecting a discount off the Amazon price ?

I just entered MBCLUB25 discount code into an ECP offer of Meguiars wax via Amazon and got no discount. The same product on the ECP website is much more expensive.
Am I being too optimistic expecting a discount off the Amazon price ?

Hi Richard,

The discount codes are only valid on our website - they cannot be redeemed across ebay/amazon/tesco

Ono the market places, a seperate team ahndle the pricing, and this is tweaked daily to be competitive in their respective marketplace.

On our website we offer the products at the Meguiars RRP - however a 25% off the RRP should almost always be the cheapest way to buy!

Thanks for the prompt replies.
Buying direct from the ECP website will cost me £9.49 ( no MB Club discount under £20 ) .
Buying from ECP via Amazon will cost me £6.94
Both are free postage.
So as a MB Club member I pay £2.55 more ....... 36% !
Hmmmmmmm

Nick,
Car Parts dont list any Meguiars products or any form of wax .

Thanks for the prompt replies.
Buying direct from the ECP website will cost me £9.49 ( no MB Club discount under £20 ) .
Buying from ECP via Amazon will cost me £6.94
Both are free postage.
So as a MB Club member I pay £2.55 more ....... 36% !
Hmmmmmmm

Hi Richard,

The discount isnt there to MAKE you buy from ECP.com - its there, as part of our support with the forum. we're not always going to be the cheapest website, of in this example, not the cheapest outlet.

As different market places, have different competitors, they need to price accordingly. - Im here to support ECP.com, and can only assist with website orders.

If it helps, i've removed the minimum spend on the MB Club promo code, So that should make up the difference.

Pat

Pat I fully understand the commercial aspects of your pricing via different outlets.
We may have to agree to disagree on how charging MB Club members significantly more than Amazon buyers constitutes " support " .
The removal of the £20 threshold is welcome though even if it does leave the price higher than your Amazon one.

Pat I fully understand the commercial aspects of your pricing via different outlets.
We may have to agree to disagree on how charging MB Club members significantly more than Amazon buyers constitutes " support " .
The removal of the £20 threshold is welcome though even if it does leave the price higher than your Amazon one.

You could buy from Amazon...or have I missed something?:dk:

I intend to but was curious to hear why ECP charge more to members who buy direct. The answer that they arent forcing me to do this was disappointing as was the claim to be supporting club members when in this case they clearly aren't

Be fair, guys - ECP's prices are generally very good, but they can't be the cheapest on everything. I bought a new Magnetti Marelli indicator for my R129 via ECP's eBay outlet, not a bad price at £35, but I then managed to find it cheaper from another seller - it does happen. ECP were absolutely fine about issuing a refund for it, I've got to drop it in to my local branch which isn't far at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom