ECP discs and pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartK

MB Enthusiast
Car
F82 M4
What's everyone's view? I havnt bought them before but they seem reasonable?

Mine is non PP pack car but are the VM discs on ECP any good or should I just avoid?

I'm trying to sort my discs and pads and all that out.

I have messages MB Stourbridge and that for genuine prices.

Have a look at Brembo discs and pads on ECP Stu.
Price them up compared to OEM at the dealer.

I'm going with Brembo from ECP shortly. £240 for the front end of mine.

Are your discs out of tolerance Stu?

Have a look at Brembo discs and pads on ECP Stu.
Price them up compared to OEM at the dealer.

I'm going with Brembo from ECP shortly. £240 for the front end of mine.

Brembo are £620 each on ECP they are for PP pack cars on there it says. The standard VM discs as they call them are £220 the pair I think.

They don't seem to do rears.

Are your discs out of tolerance Stu?

Well it's just passed an mot but it's going to need pads soon I reckon as they are getting close and I'm doing silly miles at the minute. As the front discs are all heat crazed I figured that it's best to do all together plus it's a selling point for the car.

Well it's just passed an mot but it's going to need pads soon I reckon as they are getting close and I'm doing silly miles at the minute. As the front discs are all heat crazed I figured that it's best to do all together plus it's a selling point for the car.

The reason I ask Stu is that my previous E63 was at c75K when I sold it and the discs were still within the recommended thickness.

I'd get them measured before doing anything.

The reason I ask Stu is that my previous E63 was at c75K when I sold it and the discs were still within the recommended thickness.

I'd get them measured before doing anything.

That's a fair point. I'm on 51k miles.

I was told they might need doing today when Land Rover appraised my car for PX. They were nervous about the cost.

If you want to do it the right way then go to MB. Everything else will only be a cheap alternative.
I swear by this!!!

If you want to do it the right way then go to MB. Everything else will only be a cheap alternative.
I swear by this!!!

Yeah I'm thinking that.

Do you know minimum thickness?

No I don't

But I have never seen logically how it is really relevant. Because it may be ok now, but by the time the pads are half worn, the discs could be shot anyway ( obviously depending on driving style).
I just make my own call.
I could take a look for you?

And don't sell the 63 pal

I swear by this!!!

Acid at MSL said the very same thing to me when mine needed doing all round. More expensive but done with genuine parts, 22k miles later pads still have half their life left.

No I don't
But I have never seen logically how it is really relevant.

It's checked (by my dealer at least) at service time and if they have reached the minimum thickness then they need replacing.

I take your point about the wear changing with pad wear, but, for example, if the discs were only at half wear then you'd know they wouldn't need replacing for quite a while.

Not discs I know but I've just replaced all pads on mine, I had a little look at factors but ultimately went MB and they were surprisingly reasonable considering the size of the pad and only very slightly more expensive than factors. A bit more piece of mind when used in anger and maybe receipts looks better for resale?

And don't sell the 63 pal

I don't want to if I'm honest but let's see what happens. I'm concerned about mileage putting on and indeed this slight rough idle I've now got in the past week!

Acid at MSL said the very same thing to me when mine needed doing all round. More expensive but done with genuine parts, 22k miles later pads still have half their life left.

The pads I have are genuine MB and have to say until recently the stopping power is immense. I may have got them a bit hot hence faster wear. It may be that dealer today was trying it on!

Not discs I know but I've just replaced all pads on mine, I had a little look at factors but ultimately went MB and they were surprisingly reasonable considering the size of the pad and only very slightly more expensive than factors. A bit more piece of mind when used in anger and maybe receipts looks better for resale?

Yep MB receipts look nice in my OCD folder. I suppose that's what this thread is about. Affirmation I'm not wasting money at MB.

Just picked up a set of PPP front pads for my car from a main dealer. £177.16 Inc vat. Plus £8.06 for sensor.

Disc prices for one piece equipped disc cars aren't badly priced at all. I bought front and rears for mine from a main dealer last week. Very sensible money considering the size of them, especially the fronts.

Personally when buying this type of car I like to see only OE parts used.

So MB Walsall quoted £738 for discs and pads and sensors to do all 4

After sourcing CLK63 brakes for mine, I can say that various MB dealers around the country will offer you different prices. Might be worth asking around.

There are plenty on ebay that are MB dealers for a lot cheaper than you'd think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom