ECP getting worse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jockcl500

Car
Mercedes CL500 2008
Just had some parts finally arrive, which should have been delivered before Christmas, went out today to fit 2x cv joint kits for the wifes car, bits missing from both boxes grease and circlip, very annoyed that I had to hunt in the garage for my own grease.

Yeah gotta say I dont rate them either.
There customer services is appalling.
If ever I buy from them it's always in person so i can check the parts before I take away.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Crosland Air filter
ECP £51.99 before discount
Halfords £6.70
Who would have thought that Halfords were not the robbers.

Bosch wiper blades for the E320, £55 before discount, £35 after but just over £20 on Amazon :)

ECP run these offers all the time, 50%+ off, but that’s just the price things should have been in the first place if you shop around.

The P in ECP doesn't stand for Parts :D

I love their click and collect service whereby you have wait for all the people complaining about their parts before getting served.

Crosland Air filter
ECP £51.99 before discount
Halfords £6.70
Who would have thought that Halfords were not the robbers.

My dad went to Halfords to get a few bits but they had to order in some of and a filter said "they be in this afternoon".

My dad replied "that's fine where are they coming from? I can nip to the other store to collect them if you like?" thinking he'd get them quicker.

Halfords the replied "no there coming from Euro Car Parts they'll be here by 2pm"

Halfords where cheaper than ECP too o_O

The P in ECP doesn't stand for Parts :D

I love their click and collect service whereby you have wait for all the people complaining about their parts before getting served.
I prefer delivery, although getting the correct parts "that is what is listed for it" when taking it back to the store, or missing bits (no grease with cv joints) in the box is a pain.
It is very irritating that when I do click and collect it doesn't make things quicker, there is normally 1 or 2 people in front of me and only ever, one guy serving, 30 minutes of life wasted standing around. if only it were more like screwfix in and out in 20 seconds most times.

Sorry to hear this.
I've used them for years and generally found them to be efficient with good prices.
The guy at the Bradford depot always seemed to be a bit of a misery.
Since I moved to Leeds, the guy at their depot in Armley/Wortley could be more helpful and very efficient.
Their depot in Leeds - East End Park - Good Service.
When I recently completely refitted my W211 brakes, the Pagid parts were surprisingly well-priced and all correctly supplied.
and --- No --- I'm not in their pocket.
Just saying !!

I have bought a lot of stuff over the years, and most has been fine at a reasonable price, but
Rear caliper, ecp supplied on left, original on right.
Obviously it was never going to fit over a vented disc.

Attachments

• CL Rear brake caliper.jpg
    CL Rear brake caliper.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 43
W163 ML500 Crosland air filter was £7-odd at ECP a couple of months ago. I've used them often enough in the past and never had a problem.

I have bought a lot of stuff over the years, and most has been fine at a reasonable price, but
Rear caliper, ecp supplied on left, original on right.
Obviously it was never going to fit over a vented disc.

What is the problem? They seem very much alike, does the piston on the new caliper not just need to be pushed back slightly more to fit?

What is the problem? They seem very much alike, does the piston on the new caliper not just need to be pushed back slightly more to fit?

Its for Solid rear brakes not vented, so will be approx 12mm to small

W163 ML500 Crosland air filter was £7-odd at ECP a couple of months ago. I've used them often enough in the past and never had a problem.

I bought 2 Crosland air filters for the E63. At under £7 for 2 and Mann filters over £20 each with discount its worth trying them.
Opened the boxes up and they look solidly made and decent quality.

Halfords have a partnership with Motor Parts Direct as well.

Having a trade card for Halfords makes things a lot cheaper as well.

ECP can be quite cheap if ordered with a 50% coupon, but even then be careful:

1. Car batteries are still much more expensive than say Tayna - even when I asked them to price match.
2. Brake pads do not always come with new clips! Very annoying as not clear on their website. Safer to buy brake pads direct from MB.

Reported

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom