ECP parts price differences!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gadget1960, Aug 19, 2015.

1. gadget1960

gadget1960 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Suzuki GSXR 1000
    Managed to get my wife to order a set of rear brake pads for my w210 from an ECP branch to be delivered to her place of work in order to be fitted by one of their mechanics, she was quoted £30, but they would not deliver them!? the mechanic said that a certain 'different' branch of ECP would deliver them the same day so she rang them and not only would they deliver.... she was quoted £18 for the exact same part / brand and part numbers??
    Is this general practice? I would have thought that being as one company the prices / services should be the same across the board :dk:

2. edc

edc Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Boxster 550 Spyder Anniversary and C55 AMG sadly for sale
    Can your wife order me some front brakes for an additional 35% discount too ...

3. OP
    OP
    gadget1960

Car:
    Suzuki GSXR 1000
    lol, wish I had asked her to get the vibration damper before I did, who knows what I would have saved!:eek:

4. bob6600

bob6600 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
    All over the phone? The second price seems like an online price after discount, the first one a normal retail over the counter price. I could be wrong though

5. merc85

merc85 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    s211 e55k
    If you go into the branch you will pay alot more than on line for the same product.

6. stwat

stwat Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1989 W126 300 SE
    If you use their sister site car parts 4 less you get the cheaper price without all the discount/sal nonsense. Their ebay shop is often cheaper too.

7. 190

190 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2009 W204 C180K
    Yes I've used car parts 4 less at much lower price than the exact same part at ECP and free delivery too. Not always the case but worth checking.

8. tec

tec Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK320 CDi SPORT V6
    All seems normal to me as it depends which of the ECP websites you order from and price can be different again via their ebay sales.

The only thing that confused me was why the mbclub discount code does not work, which is not useable while other discounts are in force.

9. bob6600

bob6600 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
    Always try 'extra5' seems to still work on top of their 'promotions'

10. OP
    OP
    gadget1960

Car:
    Suzuki GSXR 1000
    I accept that there is nearly always money to be saved when ordering parts on-line but both the quotes were made by phone from my wifes place of work (she works for a Vauxhall main dealer) I just thought it a bit odd that there should be different prices for exactly the same part from the same company! no mention of any kind of discounts were made when she phoned them initially but she eventually saved £3.00 on the brake pads which is better than nothing but still very different from the first quote /call. :dk:
    Don't get me wrong, it's not a complaint as I am more than happy NOT paying MB dealer prices, i just thought the parts would be the same across the board.

11. Pontoneer

Pontoneer MB Club Veteran

Car:
    '93 190E 2.3LE W201 ; '93 300SL-24 R129
    Quite often the dealer parts prices are competitive with aftermarket - it always pays to check . My local dealer gives me a discount and sometimes will price match ECP - they don't want customers going there

12. jaymanek

jaymanek Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    Lots of Mercedes!
    Are you sure same brand? Does the dealer she work for get discount?

Retail is very different to trade price.

13. OP
    OP
    gadget1960

Car:
    Suzuki GSXR 1000
    Same brand / numbers etc: she does get a dealer discount but it worked out the same from both ECP outlets so it was literally just the parts price difference.
    In future i'll get the mrs to deal with all the parts ordering :D