ECP website

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
I am a regular ECP purchaser and whilst the service overall is very good, I do have one slight criticism that seems to effect me almost every time I purchase parts.

Take this week for instance, I ordered a bunch of service parts for my 190E. I stuck in my Reg number and got all the part numbers from the website and wandered into my *new* local ECP store in Isleworth to pick them up. All good so far.

Then it comes to fitting the parts and I find that bog standard service items like the distributor cap, rotor arm and air filter were incorrect, necessitating a revisit to the store.

Now this sort of thing seems to happen to me on a regular basis and I can only assume that it stems from mistakes on the website.

On returning to ECP in Isleworth, I was greeted by a chap that really new his stuff.. He immediately said oh a 1991 190E has the same rotor arm as a mark 2 Golf and the airfilter should have been a 406mm one etc etc. This is some impressive parts guy... I hope he's being paid handsomely.

The problem as I see it, is despite now providing me with the correct parts, there was no provision for him to flag the inaccuracies and get the portal corrected. So the next time someone orders the same parts online the same run around will occur.

For at least a year now the 190E rotor arm is listed as £27 on the ECP website instead of £3.80 or whatever it should be... I don’t know how many dozens of times it has been flagged by customers and yet the problem doesn’t get corrected. This kind of thing must be costing ECP many many thousands of pounds in lost sales and parts returns.

If anyone from ECP reads this, could someone suggest creating some kind of mechanism so that customers and staff are able to flag parts discrepancies so they can be rectified?

Last edited:
Quite agree with Spike on this. If you look at air filters for my Volvo, selected under the registration number there are two different lengths. Only one fits.

I spoke to them, and while they arranged for a return (to a very recently opened Doncaster store), there was no interest in how this had happened.

If I am doing work on my car, it's at the weekend. I don't have or wish to invest time to messing about returning and changing parts.

It puts me off using them.

Me 3... had an issue with a expansion cap for the W202 and the water temp probe... returned to the store, they went through a few and found the right one. They sort it out quickly, but having to go back is a bit of a pain...

Future purchases I just remember the "ammended" part number, but it would be nice if they corrected the system!

We have the same issues with Euros as a trade customer. Most of our parts come from Euro.
How do i get around it? Provide them with the Mercedes part numbers to cross over... no more mistakes.

Even before we were members we would try and read as much feedback as possible. ;)

let me try and summarise this for you,
Currently ECP list 114,000 parts which are powered by our parts catalogue - Although this catalogue is updated and maintained - it simply isnt accurate enough.

For the past 6 months ECP has been using its own, custom built catalogue, the benifits are massive as the parts lookup drills down to VIN - alot more accuratly than our current catalogue - This means less returns for us, less choices for you and a all round better experience.

Next week we are going to turn this new catalogue onto the website - which means you'll be able to find the parts easier than last week! :thumb:

@ DavidJPowell - With regards the wrong parts - I dont know your reg but alot of the times there will be a choice of parts (like your air filter) - for cases like this, online there is a 'check fitament' button which would show you the differences (in your case, the length) - Maybe on your vehicle there was a choice of air filter but you didnt notice it, causing you to choose the wrong one?

So to sum it up,

The system has been 'corrected' - however in some instances there will STILL be a requirement for a customer to 'check fitment' -

There is NO website anywhere near the accuracy of our current site, so once the new catalogue is installed we will be offering the users the best experience possible!

Thanks for the feedback it IS taken in, and we can only better our site by listening and working with you! and apoligies for the long post! :ban:

@ DavidJPowell - With regards the wrong parts - I dont know your reg but alot of the times there will be a choice of parts (like your air filter) - for cases like this, online there is a 'check fitament' button which would show you the differences (in your case, the length) - Maybe on your vehicle there was a choice of air filter but you didnt notice it, causing you to choose the wrong one?

Thanks for the reply - I know this now, but the website did not make it clear, merely presented a list of about 8 air filters which unless compared with each other looked like just different brands...

If this is linked to the chassis number then maybe this will eliminate my problems. Hope so anyway...

Typical for me, I ordered brake pads & sensors last night and posted this morning is a code for 25% discount! :doh:

Russ

Under distance selling rules you can return them get a refund and re-order;)

Under distance selling rules you can return them get a refund and re-order;)

however the return carriage has to be done at your cost....

Or the friendly guy at EuroCarParts can send you a PM for your order number, and see if its possible to credit the difference. :bannana:

(already sent a PM by the way)

Because I don't spend thousands of pounds at ECP I find that I get my deliveries at the end of the day. When I questioned that I was informed that high spenders get priority. Sort of takes the shine out of it. When ordering from Mb I get prompt delivery at a set time each day (morning and afternoon).

Hi

The Customers service is not very good , wrong parts and late deliveries ...........

Acid

The wrong parts are a joke and it is getting worse. I ended up with 11 separate bits of paper the other day, invoices and credit notes, for a single idler pulley.

ECP used to deliver decent quality parts at a good price but mostly I now go elsewhere as the hassle far outweighs the benefits.

Thanks for the reply - I know this now, but the website did not make it clear, merely presented a list of about 8 air filters which unless compared with each other looked like just different brands...

If this is linked to the chassis number then maybe this will eliminate my problems. Hope so anyway...

Hi David

The first stage of changes went live yesterday - you should find less choices than before :)

Used the ECP website last night to try and order some wiper blades for my Audi. Had to abandon the order because the card billing address needs to be the same as the delivery address, and I want them delivered elsewhere. At this stage I'd already put my card details in.

Received a call from my bank's fraud detection service this morning, telling me my debit card details have been captured online yesterday and abused to the tune of about £2k. My card is now cancelled, so I'm without it for the next few days, and I'll have to reclaim the fraudulently debited funds. Coincidence? :dk:

Used the ECP website last night to try and order some wiper blades for my Audi. Had to abandon the order because the card billing address needs to be the same as the delivery address, and I want them delivered elsewhere. At this stage I'd already put my card details in.

Received a call from my bank's fraud detection service this morning, telling me my debit card details have been captured online yesterday and abused to the tune of about £2k. My card is now cancelled, so I'm without it for the next few days, and I'll have to reclaim the fraudulently debited funds. Coincidence? :dk:

Wherever possible use a credit card online. That way if the fraudsters scam it, then it becomes the bank's problem and not yours

Hi Tim,

We take customer security as a priority - You would of seen our website uses some of the lastest security to ensure that no details are even seen by us, or pottential scammers. (see attached image)

If this has happened yesterday, its more likely to of been in a shop or another website - regardless please can you send an email with your contact details to 'webteam @ eurocarparts.com' as your bank will want to contact our Customer Service team.

Thanks

EuroCarParts

Attachments

• SSL Extended Validation.JPG
    SSL Extended Validation.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 126
I'll be in touch with your web team as requested. For your information, please note that the card was not used anywhere else except the ECP site yesterday and the fraud appears to have occurred shortly afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom