ECU location on 2002 c180

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

F1mad

Car
C180 elegance
Hi guys I'm new on here and just bought my first mercedes :D
I have just checked the cam sensor and it has oil in the plug, If the oil has traveled past the plug into the loom would the wiring behind the plug be covered in oil ?? I would like to check the ECU but can't seem to find it could you point me in the right direction please so I could check that out for oil contamination

Thanks in advance
Chris

I think there is a wiring modification to prevent oil migration available form Mercedes. This would only be useful if the oil hasn't reached the ECU of course- but if you aren't experiencing any symptoms?
In type 111 engines the ECU is located in the large fusebox beside the brake fluid reservoir. On the later 271 engines its located on the left hand side of the the air cleaner housing.

Thanks grober, I think I found the ecu a silver box next too the fuse box if that is the one it looks clear of oil.
I picked up a adaptor lead and new cam sensor from mercedes aylsbury today lead is now fitted the cam sensor is being fitted next week.
Is there anything else I need to look out for or recommend replacing, one thing I noticed this morning is on start up the engine was hunting until it warmed up then ran perfect

Thanks grober, I think I found the ecu a silver box next too the fuse box if that is the one it looks clear of oil.
I picked up a adaptor lead and new cam sensor from mercedes aylsbury today lead is now fitted the cam sensor is being fitted next week.
Is there anything else I need to look out for or recommend replacing, one thing I noticed this morning is on start up the engine was hunting until it warmed up then ran perfect
Difficult to say-there can be several things that effect the idle - one candidate is the MAFF sensor [ lots of posts on this if you do a search] another is the lambda sensor on the exhaust and another the engine temperature sensor---- these all influence the fuel mixture via the ECU. Quite frequently tho its just a dirty throttle valve housing throat- all it needs is a gentle clean with solvent- perhaps your garage can check this at the same time they change the cam sensor?

Thanks grober I'll get him to check over the car he owes me a few favours
Hi carat I live in bicester so not a million miles away bud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom