ECU problem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

juvenile

Car
MB
I dropped my smart key from a second-story window to the grass and the next thing you know was that my car didn't recognize the key anymore and the engine wouldnt start. The red light on the keyfob was blinking and the doors were opening and locking. Then i replaced the batteries and and the key wouldnt even blink any more. So i dragged my MB '97 C220 to the electrician and he claimed that the key was dead, electronic ignition switch was stuck and the ECU was dead also (all 3 needed replacement). So how can a key fall cause the EIS and ECU to fail?
I have done all the research, but found no help...
Any ideas or suggestions??? :)

Yes. Take the car to someone who know what they are doing.

And welcome to the forum, though sorry about the unfortunate circumstances.

Could it be possible to fix the key if its claimed to be dead? I opened the keyfob to check the solderings and everything, nothing in vision seems to be broken. Anyways I dont believe that the ECU and EIS are failing...
Any thoughts abot that?

You may have to purchase a new set of keys for the car. You can purchase these from your MB dealer who will also check whether its a simple synchronising problem or the key is truly faulty. The ignition switch and ECU should be completely unaffected by this accident if they gave no problem before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom