ECU remaps - be aware...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^ My only issue with GAD is the quoted pre map dyno figures for AMG's almost always read below the Mercedes brochure quoted output.
When the map has been applied and the figures published,, it then looks like a bigger than expected gain has been made. Cue applause all round for GAD.;)

Many AMG owners would acknowledge that Mercedes play down the horse power figures and they are often well above the quoted output.
Other than that I'm sure they are a reputable company with many satisfied customers.

With my own particular car their dyno baseline can be around 30 bhp down , but this is for a reason because of an injector failure issue change from Piezo to Solenoid .

So the cars never make stock figures anyway .

Last edited:
So Gary, who is no longer involved in the company, was banned from this forum seven and a half years ago. OK, so if that’s the case, I’ll put that firmly to one side and give them a call. Thanks for the info guys.

Just to report back that I had a long chat today with Will from GAD. Extremely pleasant guy who genuinely reassured me about their capabilities, their obvious depth of knowledge, equipment and packages available. Nice touch I thought was their offer to recompense long distance customers like me towards their fuel costs 😎😎
I’ve booked when able to travel.

To be honest, Will was a bit ‘rude’ to me over text, so that’s what put me off. My memory is a bit foggy, but essentially I believe sent them an enquiry and they called me back but I was busy at work and so he sent me a really, really long text, largely a copy/and paste but whatever. All good.

I was still working so replied with a short followup text message/question and he seemed to get miffed at me texting back and acted like *I* was the one who started this whole texting thing. I didn’t get it....

Unfortunately I deleted the response and moved on with my life and wouldn’t want to post it anyway - it wasn’t a horrendous response or anything, but just enough to make me go ‘well I’m not going to give this guy £500 if he’s gonna be like that’. Especially when GAD are about as expensive as it gets.

Anthony on the other hand seems very pleasant and extremely helpful over on the ‘other’ UK based MB forum.

Will was probably just having a bad day. It happens.

Not trying to disparage them at all - I don’t really doubt that they can produce great results. They tune cars much more valuable than E350s day in, day out. If they didn’t know what they were doing I’d doubt they’d still be business.

But tiny things are enough to give you a ‘vibe’ and I’ve had more pleasant exchanges with BFT, personally. Plus they seem to be the first to understand the ECU rollback issue. From Cardiff, both are about 4.5hr away anyway. I do visit London more, but I don’t mind a drive. I’d also rather support a company that gives me a better ‘feeling’ even at the expense of 5-10 extra bhp.

Last edited:
Clearly my experience was very different to yours. I’ve no axe to grind, and I can only speak as I find. I’m not here to malign anyone. We’ll see, I guess.

Yep. I think they're likely a very good company with lots of happy customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom