ECU Reprogramming?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Having had many discussions about this area of modding. I am looking at the possibility of holding a modding party where the following items could be set up on cars with the suitable ECUs for a minimal price because we were all together:

1. Auto Folding Mirrors on locking car.
2. Adaptive cornering lights,
3. tyre pressure loss,
4. alarm chirping
5. Airmatic ride height ie. lower the car
6. Comand TV on the go
Edit 7. temp instead of kph

These mods can be done on many cars but mainly those with DAS4 and above fitted. (modern ones!)

If anyone would be prepared to come to Kent on a Saturday (to be agreed) in order to get any of these done then please can you PM me.

I'm intending to get 1,2,3 done (I cant decide about 4).

R2D2

Edit. Its a bit General, a bit electrical, a bit gtg a bit modding, a bit classified....so I left it here!

Last edited:
Sounds like a great oppertunity Greg. Shame my car doesn't qualify for any of it or I would be there!

Actually Graham, there is some debate raging, but there is some hope that some menu functions on Das 3 can be activated but I await the proof! I'll keep you posted:)

R2D2 said:
Actually Graham, there is some debate raging, but there is some hope that some menu functions on Das 3 can be activated but I await the proof! I'll keep you posted:)

So what would mine have Greg?
Only reason I ask is that before I had the re-spray, my n/s mirror used to tilt down when I put it in reverse.
Now it doesn't. :confused:

That sounds like it could be programming or a physical problem. I'll make enquiries.

R2D2 said:
That sounds like it could be programming or a physical problem. I'll make enquiries.

Ta. They did have the battery of for nearly a month :crazy:

R2D2 said:
These mods can be done on many cars but mainly those with DAS4 and above fitted. (modern ones!)
I would very much like to have auto-fold mirrors (and some of the other things) but how can I tell what DAS version I've got? In fact what is DAS (I nearly sounded German then!)?

My car is Oct 2004 but I understand that it probably doesn't have the correct SAM (I don't know what SAM stands for either, but it's often referred to as a fuse-box) module to allow auto folding mirrors.

Is your car a facelift one ie likely a 2005 model?

R2D2 said:
Is your car a facelift one ie likely a 2005 model?
Yep, it's a facelift one, reg in Oct 04, but they came out like May/June 04, so whether is qualifies as 2005 or not, I'm not sure.

Miro's comments in this thread http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=22582&highlight=miro
suggest that the required SAM may not have been fitted until during 2005.

The other thing I'd really like to do with mine is get rid of the KmH display and show the outside temp - it can be done everywhere else except the UK. I know it's a legal requirement here, but I can't imagine why, especially as, once enabled, it can be swtiched back and to.

I think there will only be only way to find out and that is to try. Trouble is its a long way for you to come and find out that yours cant be done.

If enough are interested I am trying to get it down to £20 per successful mod! Would it help if it could be done at the Feb 11th GTG?

R2D2 said:
I think there will only be only way to find out and that is to try. Trouble is its a long way for you to come and find out that yours cant be done.
Yep, although I do spent a bit of time in the South, so it's not out of the question, even on the off chance.

I would come for sure if it definitely could be done.

Are you likely to be around down here on the 11th?

R2D2 said:
Are you likely to be around down here on the 11th?
Unfortunately I know for sure that I can't be - it's my neice's wedding that day (although maybe this would be a good enough excuse?)!

Lol

Greg, i tought you could do miracles, i would love the Auto folding mirrors on the C43.

I guess i am five tears behind the times, my Sclass is is 2002, when they bought out the Facelift Sclass at the end of 2002 i am sure the mirrors closed automatically.

C43AMG said:
Greg, i tought you could do miracles, i would love the Auto folding mirrors on the C43.
I think this would be achievable with an aftermarket alarm system but with oem parts I'm afraid it's 90%+ impossible.

R2D2, whos supplying the STARDIAG equiptment? I can help arrange in that arena and cover all models if required for modding? from a qualified MB tech at that!

R2D2 said:
1. Auto Folding Mirrors on locking car.
2. Adaptive cornering lights, I have
3. tyre pressure loss,
4. alarm chirping
5. Airmatic ride height ie. lower the car
6. Comand TV on the go
1 I need - so I can say I have a mod...

Is 2 just cornering light function which is free option on current bi-x W203. I have that. Can't be swivel headlights?

Don't 3 and 5 need other bits?

Finally shouldn't Mods at the seaside be on a bank holiday?

does Number 6 come with region unblocking?

and if so, can you do region unblocking but still leave the picture to fade out while driving? that Mod would also make me keep the SLK! Am sure my Niece would disagree with the TV not being on while driving and seeing as she tells me what to do, i suppose i would have to ahve that as well?

can this be done at the Kent GTG or is that too soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom