ECU updated??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jtvgray

Car
C220d Sport Premium
I had my 2017 C220d Sport Premium serviced yesterday (B2) and was told that as a part of this they had “updated the ECU”. Any idea what this actually means? Should I notice any difference in how the car runs?

Thanks

It seems that Diesel cars serviced at MB dealers now get a mandatory ECU update.

The assumption is that it's in the wake of Dieselgate, and what it means is that your engine will now perform in the same way that MB told the German authorities it would, when they had the car's emissions certified.

In reality you can expect less emissions, but sadly also somewhat poorer fuel consumption and somewhat poorer performance.

I had a B service in November at MB dealer and was told the software would be updated. I haven’t noticed any effect.

It seems that Diesel cars serviced at MB dealers now get a mandatory ECU update.

The assumption is that it's in the wake of Dieselgate, and what it means is that your engine will now perform in the same way that MB told the German authorities it would, when they had the car's emissions certified.

In reality you can expect less emissions, but sadly also somewhat poorer fuel consumption and somewhat poorer performance.

Hmmmmm.... I seem to think there is a slight reduction in power, unless of course I am imagining it!?!?!

Too late to worry now, so just pretend your imagining it, nothing you can do if you're not :rolleyes:

Too late to worry now, so just pretend your imagining it, nothing you can do if you're not :rolleyes:
No probs.....will just have to use sport or sport+ more frequently :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom