Edd China to leave Wheeler Dealers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
DISCOVERY ANNOUNCES THAT ANT ANSTEAD WILL JOIN MIKE BREWER AS THE NEW COHOST AND LEAD MECHANIC FOR SEASON 14 OF WHEELER DEALERS: EDD CHINA DEPARTS AFTER 13 SEASONS

Press Release | Discovery UK

With Aaron having left Fast N Loud, this seems like a trend. Fuzz Townsend next??

New co-host with Mike will be Ant Anstead

17309098_10154378227906711_6002828673928801468_n.jpg

I'll miss Ed but quite like Ant in the programmes I've seen him in.

I can see AK getting his own show but I doubt Fuzz or Edd will?

I watched an old WD last night turning a 944 into a weekend racer - spent an age on it and sold it for a grand profit - everytime I think WHY? not only is it not a good business model it's not even good TV.

At least Gas Monkey sometimes make decent money.

Stopped watching a couple of seasons back when it went over to the US.

I cant stand the way it shows everything that is going to happen in advance (surely aimed at the US audience with shorter attention spans?) and American cars that ive never heard of.

Its a shame followed it from the very start aswell. (2003-04?) totally dumbed down now :fail:

Oh no. You'll be telling me Leepu Nizamuddin Awlia is out of a job next!

I can see AK getting his own show

Apparently he is

He’s also toying with the idea of a new TV show, but details are few and far between for now — and nothing is confirmed.

The basic premise is pretty mouthwatering though, as he explains to Cary: “The framework of the next program, should we do one, will be fun with cars, it will be very spirited, it will be a tremendous amount of fun to watch, and we hope to do more interesting cars and more in-depth builds.”

Nooooooo!!!!

I think it's because WD has sold its soul to the USA.

A little part of me died when I heard the terms

Rotor
Headers
Motor
Fender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking News - Edd China leaves Wheeler Dealers and the Satin Black Paint Factory goes into administration :D

Shame really....he is a damn good engineer.

I sometimes watch it on Dave or whichever channel they show repeats on on terrestrial TV.

I always found it compulsive viewing and although usually straightforward, Edd China is actually very good at explaining what he is doing and why he is doing it.

I sort of feel like he's a mate who you've asked to help with a car issue - not that I ever have.

I can't believe how much debt that MOT place accumulated though so a good businessman he is not.

Wish him luck though.

I might suggest that his business problems perhaps stemmed from "spreading himself too thin" with too many commitments. Difficult to keep tabs on a business if you are never there?

Ed says that the shows 'new' owners Velocity, wanted to cut down his workshop scenes and increase Mike Brewers show biz stuff. He didn't want to do that, so quit.

Mike Brewer sold his soul to Big Motoring World when a cursory Google should have told him all he needed to know about them.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Palfrem said:
I will miss Edd. He'd be good on Top Gear with a slot on classics perhaps.
If TG did a regular slot with mechanical advice it would be good. Not sure about Ant what's his face. He's a bit flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom