Edd China to leave Wheeler Dealers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ed taught me to always label my wires... Honestly that has saved my backside so many times.

I used to just fast forward past mikes bits. Guess I'm not the target audience for the revamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lh49 said:
Ed taught me to always label my wires... Honestly that has saved my backside so many times. I used to just fast forward past mikes bits. Guess I'm not the target audience for the revamp. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And to take colour photos on your phone. So simple but can save a world of pain.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I remember Edd being on some of the early top gears.

The show with Penny and Jason was the used car road show and used to be on men and motors TV.

This is interesting. Mike claims that the direction of the show was not going to change and that the workshop element was not going to be reduced.

[YOUTUBE HD]ykw8ixA985U[/YOUTUBE HD]

Do you believe Ed "hard working honest guy" China, or Mike 'The geezer' Brewer?

From Ed's video - it'll be good to have another motoring program to view.

I'm hearing a lot of defending the producers and a certain amount of sour grapes, the sound of a man grasping onto his gravy train perhaps?

Hmmm.....

Take a fairly decent but long in the tooth motoring programme and Americanize it for more money. Sounds like another Top Gear becomes the Grand Tour. It all went a bit awry when they started putting aircon kits on 1950's yank trucks.

Alternatively, maybe there was plenty of money to be made and the bloke doing all the work wasn't happy taking a smaller share of the spoils. Hamster and Captain Slow are okay splitting their smaller share of the pie, maybe because the pie is so incredibly big.

Brewer is as much use as Tim Shaw in Car SOS - entertaining for the first few episodes but after that, the same old shtick gets a bit of a drag and then eventually gets right on your nerves. Or mine, at least. I invariably spool forward through his segments and the "we'll tell you again what we've told you twice already" time filling.

See post three of this thread.

According to the video someone posted on here, Mike says Ed made the decision several months ago....so that must be around the time the garage business was going **** up?

I've no reason to think either Mike or Edd are lying but may be it was just a case of Edd had had enough of the show and wanted a change?

It's a shame but I've not seen much of the newer stuff, as I only watch the older episodes that are to view on channels like Quest.

I see what you did there.
I long since got fed up of dealing with the spell check on forums. All the software is American and doesn't understand the proper version of the language. So .....ze it is.

Which reminds me of a story I heard from a chap working for a large IT firm, recently taken over by a US outfit. They had a massive database of customer names and credit records and when one of the guys from over the water came across, our man happened to mention that they were about to start writing code to weed out name contractions. You know, like Jon = Jonathan and Jud = George (sometimes), Harry = Henry (if you're a royal).

"Don't bother," said the big cheese, "we've done all that, I'll get it fired across and you can incorporate it tonight. Things are going to be a lot more efficient now we're in charge." So they installed the patch and pressed the button. I can't remember the top ten list of replacement names it started churning out, but they included Harry = Hank, Charles = Chuck and .... you get the picture. Two countries, separated by a common language.

Last edited:
Hmmm.....

Take a fairly decent but long in the tooth motoring programme and Americanize it for more money. Sounds like another Top Gear becomes the Grand Tour. It all went a bit awry when they started putting aircon kits on 1950's yank trucks.

Alternatively, maybe there was plenty of money to be made and the bloke doing all the work wasn't happy taking a smaller share of the spoils. Hamster and Captain Slow are okay splitting their smaller share of the pie, maybe because the pie is so incredibly big.

Brewer is as much use as Tim Shaw in Car SOS - entertaining for the first few episodes but after that, the same old shtick gets a bit of a drag and then eventually gets right on your nerves. Or mine, at least. I invariably spool forward through his segments and the "we'll tell you again what we've told you twice already" time filling.

Are you suggesting Tim Shaws parts blagging and general titting about, isn't funny and entertaining?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CabrioDave said:
That's the annoying thing. In other fields, he's a clear and convincing journalist; such a shame he plays the idiot in SOS.
I didn't know that. TBH I've never seen him anything else because watching him in Car SOS puts me off him.

I saw the 11.30 interview - think that may be a later one though the content seems pretty similar having skipped through it.

Edd says he's leaving due to a reduction in workshop time on the show, though Mike said that wasn't the case. Suppose we'll find out when the new shows are aired.

I found it interesting when Mike was saying one of the big reasons they went to film in California was due to the light and the fact they'd only get around 6 hours filming time during the winter in the UK.

As others have said, I'm just happy we'll end up with another show with Edd, though I don't think Wheeler Dealers will be the same (still watch it though!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom