eddie_E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Eddie,

As your thread is in the members gallery, no one can post an opinion on it except yourself or the Moderators.

But, i think your car looks very nice indeed , the 18's really set it off, it does need lowering though, not too much 30-40mm.

See the picture of mine in the members gallery 'Howards 230ce'.

The w124's do look very bling with big AMG's on them, i get called a pimp all the time, with my white car and big wheels, especially now i've got the illuminated sill covers. It's all part of the fun, 124's are fabulously old skool, if you were a proper gangster you'd have an SL500 or a CL (sorry Maff :rolleyes: ) i love it , i think its one of the nicest Merc shapes ever.

Anyway, thumbs up from me ,good looking car mate, and now there is a thread that people other than the 'Gods' ;) can post in, perhaps you'll get some good comments !

Thanks Howard :) Yeah I got a PM pointing out the reason i was talking to myself :eek: ah well live and learn :rolleyes:

I know what you mean about the old skool thing. I love all the proper cars before they got all rounded and soft. I had a MK1 MR2 not long ago - that was so 80's inside and out it always made me smile just sitting in it looking at the crazy angles and use of circles and squares. Obviously from a time before tangants were invented. Also had a nice BMW E30, very similar to the e-class in my eyes but of a lesser pimp factor. if that makes sence. I've Had some classics as well- mini copper (BRG of course!) and 72' beetle (the model before the huge beachball rear lights). Currently l've got a 1.9 205 GTi for thrashing (well actually two but they need repairing - but thats a story for another day). I like my old skool motors :D

So here she is again:
MyMerc.jpg

This time you can tell me what you think too :)

What about that back box then - anyone got something nice for sale?

Tres Cool!

Looks very nice Ed.

What profile tyres do you have fitted on the rear wheels? The front looks ok but the back arches look a little "high" off the wheels. Maybe 1 profile size up in tyre would do it.

You get that look sometimes when changing from the standard fitting.

Don't get me wrong, yer car looks great just a very small point that you've obviously noticed yourself.

Hi Eddie - wow!! man thats really cool, i wanted one of those for a long time but finance not permiting so making do with other alloys, i must say that really does stand out, if u see a blue w124 flashing and hooting thats me giving u the thumbs up.by the way u mentioned having 18s, what size tyres have u put both front and rear, and has the ride quality made a massive difference or is it ok??, also when u decide to lower the w124 let us know what make of kit u have put on and how the handling and ride quality has been affected?, once again well done mate really does bring out the merc.

:) I'm running 225/40/18 tyres allround. Can i run a bigger profiles on the back? wouldn't that look even odder? Where does the speedo connect to on these - won't a 50 section tyre say cause the speedo to be wrong?
As for lowered suspension i was thinking eibach's and bilstein dampers to do it properly. Not really after more aggresive handeling - thats not what the E class is about, just want to lower it a bit for asthetics. I know the springs will be firmer to compensate for having less length but want to keep a std damping rate if poss. Euro car parts sell Lowered 'Ventura' springs very cheap £65 - anyone have any views on them? can i just get some original spec dampers to replace my old worn out ones without and bottoming out problems.

Eddie - thanks for the info for the tyres, about the venturas,a few years back i had a vw jetta which i lowered with bilstein and ventura - big,big mistake, the worst set up ive driven - very bouncy,not sure if for mercs will be different (I have had quite a few vehicles especially VWs that i have modified and lowered,the best handling i found were the bilstein with eibach,which u r considering, but my dad had a 190e that i got lowered (Dad not very happy untill he drove other 190s) by elite and they used g+m kit (german-tuv approved),it gave the stiffness and yet had a slight soft drive, some of my mates were well impressed with the ride quility, and the best part the price was pretty good, i must say elite do know what they are doing- if u speak to the right person.I will also add that it lowered the 190 by 40mm, which caused a lot of problems with the speedbumps everywhere,so be careful how much u lower yours.- Best of luck it really is a tough one and even after you decide u dont know till u have tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom