Editing a DVD on iMac?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
So I have a DVD in which there is a 50sec section I wish to clip out and to eventually load to Youtube.

On the Mac as it's playing there is the top menu which has the Edit tab, however most of the commands there are greyed out.

To add...I've never clipped a movie before either on Mac or Windows so a complete novice.

Short of filming the clip playing on the telly with an iPad and using that is there a better way please?

If loading on YouTube you should be able to choose a length window to use as the video as opposed to using the entire file

Think the issue is you need to rip it from the DVD to get an editable file in the first place, try Handbrake.

You can then clip it with nothing more than Quicktime player.

When you rip it try not to resample anything as it just means it will take far longer and Youtube will do all the necessary conversion when you upload it.

Thanks for the suggestions, however on reflection...I'm struggling with this iMac thing (even basic stuff) so tried the prop-up-the-ipad-in-front-of-the-telly trick and it recorded almost as good a clip as the original. Where there's a will etc.

Only problem was getting wifie to shut-up long enough to get it recorded without additional commentary :(:wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom