Edition 1's - Special?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puzzle

Car
C63S Edition 1
Odd question but as I am new to the AMG/Mercedes world I thought I needed to ask.

When I bought my C63S Edition 1 (second hand!) it was because it looked great, sounded even better and was much more 'fun' than the RS4 I was about to buy. After a fairly long conversation at the hand over the dealer turned around and said ' you really do not know how special this car is do you?'

Now to me it is a car, very fast and well appointed but special?

Did he mean the Edition 1 or the new C63 generally?

The edition one is a c63s with a few styling changes -

In line with previous Edition 1 models, the C63 S Edition 1 receives a series of subtle external styling changes that help differentiate it from the standard C63 S.

Included are red accents within the radiator grille and on the mirror housings, special 19-inch wheels, grey matt side strips within the lower reaches of the doors and rear bumper as well as a carbon fibre boot lid spoiler.

Inside, the Edition 1 boasts hard shell AMG Performance seats up front, Nappa leather upholstery with red diamond pattern stitching, a flat bottom AMG steering wheel, red seat belts, AMG floor mats with red piping and various carbon fibre trim elements.

Maybe the previous owner was Rolf Harris, that would be a bit special.

Maybe he was referring them being a relatively rare site on the road?

Or maybe he just loves his cars, and is looking forward to the day he'll have one too.

I think it is rather special though. Enjoy!

Odd question but as I am new to the AMG/Mercedes world I thought I needed to ask.

When I bought my C63S Edition 1 (second hand!) it was because it looked great, sounded even better and was much more 'fun' than the RS4 I was about to buy. After a fairly long conversation at the hand over the dealer turned around and said ' you really do not know how special this car is do you?'

Now to me it is a car, very fast and well appointed but special?

Did you ask him how many Ed1 C63S cars there would be? That kind of defines 'Special' as well.

The AMG GTS is limited to around 35 for example, and you can't specify the extras on that car from the options list.

Edition 1 isn't limited - in fact it's an optional spec. I wasn't keen on the red bits tbh so didn't spec it

I got this with my 507. So many people at the dealership (MB World) saying how special it is with the M156 etc. Do I think the edition 1 C63S is 'special'? No. It's a mass produced high performance car with a few subtle styling changes at launch. Wil it hold value over non edition 1 cars? Doubt it. Is it a fantastic car that's aspirational and gives you good reason to be alive? YES!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom