Edna's getting warranty work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
Recap - Edna in for service and MOT last Wednesday. Pointed out the rust on the bonnet that had been spotted at the Nuneaton GTG. Guy takes photo's and sends to MBUK.

Just had the phone call to say the work is approved - full bonnet respray :bannana: :bannana:

Edna's going to Leeds for the work and it will take 3 days. They offered me a Pug 207 or a Polo as a courtesy car:crazy: . I laughingly but meaningfully suggested something more apt might better so I was politely and nicely directed to MB Harrogate to discuss. Polite happy phone call to MB Harrogate and I now have an MB for the week she's going in.

Steve at Harrogate was as gobsmacked as me that it's come through so quick. Was expecting this to take yonks!! So it has to be hats off all round up to now.:rock: :rock: Excellent service from all :rock: :rock:

Last edited:
Good news Pammy.:rock:

Lets hope they paint it a decent colour this time.:D :D

Hides waiting for others to join in, or Pammy wrath.:eek:

Good news Pammy.:rock:

Lets hope they paint it a decent colour this time.:D :D

Hides waiting for others to join in, or Pammy wrath.:eek:

Well as it's just the bonnet - she'd look a tad peculiar if it was done a diff colour :crazy: :crazy: SO I think the lovely colour she is will stay ta muchly :p

Good news and a birthday treat for Edna. Hope she looks like new.

Try not to get any stone chips :bannana:

Don't fancy a carbon fibre bonnet then? (joke)

Well done on gettin an MB replacement, all it took was a phone call!
Always nice to hear happy endings! :)

Good news and a birthday treat for Edna. Hope she looks like new.

Try not to get any stone chips :bannana:

That's one thing I'm really happy about - she's got a couple of horrendous chips on her bonnet - not for much longer :D I thought they would only do the underlip where the rust is - but no - full bonnet respray.:D

Well as it's just the bonnet - she'd look a tad peculiar if it was done a diff colour :crazy: :crazy: SO I think the lovely colour she is will stay ta muchly :p

If it was painted black then it would look like those taxis you see abroad!:p:D

Would look good Pam, take your pick.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Pammy1.jpg
    Pammy1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 183

Awww I dunno. I could see you with the Fast & Furious look!! :eek:

Good that you finally got an appropriate loan vehicle. I'd have been pretty offended, ok I'm not expecting an AMG but at least something remotely equivalent please!

The GSA went in for warranty work yesterday, and they tried to offer me a car in lieu. Err...no thanks, I already have 2. What if I only had a bike licence? As it is they're bringing it back tonight so didn't bother getting anything, but I did warn them that in future they needed to organise me a 2 wheeled replacement for my commute to work!

Last edited:
good to hear MB customer service is back where it should be - nice one Pammy.

Notice I have refrained from adding to the undercoat thread. Brian WH has the best idea. Go on Pammy, splash some colour around Edna, give her some character :devil::D

I hope the body shop do a decent job as from very recent personal experience it is more hassel than it is worth as they never get the job done right first time and then there are matching and blending issues - the front wings will need to be blemished and blown in but I just hope that they just match with rest of the panels and not look out of place.

Edna is in and I rang for an update today. She's not getting her bonnet resprayed - they can't guarantee the rust won't come back - so she's getting a new bonnet with the paintwork on the wings then being blended to match!! Hope to get her back sometime next week. Meantime - I'm enjoying the C220 CDI, which works quite nicely for me this week having the boys here :D :D

Well she's home after her tlc. The C220cdi is gone - shame - it was lovely to drive. Edna is a very different beast.

She looks great and looks to have been well looked after. No excessive mileage etc and all clean. I know it's no good without pics but her bonnet and wings have all been done and it looks a good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom