Edna's latest MOT and Service Plus experience!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
Was a breeze. She needed new wiper blades and ball joints on the front suspension - service plus shelled out for work including a service and MOT totalling nigh on £900 at the discounted rate without any quibble.

We're looking at the rust on the bonnet lip too and will be sending off photo's etc to MB in due course but the inference was it would be a warranty case.

As ever it was a first class experience. C200 CDI was waiting for me for the day so we had a good run in the Dales again, and Mr P really liked it!! Came back to a clean and shiny Edna all ready to go for another 12 months. So not a sniff of any of the issues that others experience - thumbs up to MB Harrogate yet again and Service Plus. Hope they will let me extend for another year!!
Oh and I got a box of Thornton's chocs too :devil: :D :D

Glad to hear your experience was untroubled unlike mine.

Doesnt look like ServicePlus will be renewable though.

Happy motoring!

£900 for a 4-5 year old car!

dont make them liked they used to

ive had a combined 6 mots on my 3 w124's and never had anything go wrong or need doing on any of them

was quiet suprised the twin turbo passed with no notes or extra repair costs

They have been bumping up the Dales, that why. Naughty.

I must be getting old but I think that nearly a grand for a service with fairly minor work to be over the top its the age we live in I suppose there again a lady with a merc needing a service xmas has come, just joking pammy.

gary

Last edited:
- thumbs up to MB Harrogate yet again and Service Plus. Hope they will let me extend for another year!!

That's Posh Yorkshire for you!:D Glad Edna is happy and well.

This is what she had done all plus vat:
  • "B" service @ 252.2
  • Air filter 10.17
  • key fob battery 4.46
  • pollen filters 22.50
  • seal washer .78
  • fuel filter 65.00
  • wiper blades x 2 @ 14.46 each
  • oil - 81.62
  • washer fluid 7.06
  • ball joints x 2 @ 63.54 each
  • MOT @ 49.42
  • joints x 2 @ 24.80 each
  • and labour
Some Nuneaton goers will recall spotting some of the tin worm on the lip of her bonnet. That's going in for a warranty claim. Just been and done the photo's and they envisage no problems at all in getting authorisaton to do the repair. It's not much but it's there.

Intresting, I've never had a price break-down on any of my Service Plus works. Always get the service sheet / record and job and sheet parts list but no costs.

Intresting, I've never had a price break-down on any of my Service Plus works. Always get the service sheet / record and job and sheet parts list but no costs.

They printed me a copy of the Service Plus invoice ;) coz they're nice to me :D

That B service is cheap................ shows how much MB deem it is worth .....that is one good discount they have offered THEMSELVES..:D

This is what she had done all plus vat:
  • "B" service @ 252.2
  • Air filter 10.17
  • key fob battery 4.46
  • pollen filters 22.50
  • seal washer .78
  • fuel filter 65.00
  • wiper blades x 2 @ 14.46 each
  • oil - 81.62
  • washer fluid 7.06
  • ball joints x 2 @ 63.54 each
  • MOT @ 49.42
  • joints x 2 @ 24.80 each
  • and labour
Faints at those prices :eek:, Nurse.............. the medication please

Nurse.............. the medication please

13181f.png

:devil:

If I hadn't posted it, Gollom would have :D

Mental note, add Guido to the insult list along with Gollom who heads it. :D:devil:

I'm in Harrogate tomorrow - might have to pop in to experience the legendary service enjoyed by fellow owners in this delightful part of the country.

I suspect pammy's good lucks helps grease the wheels for good service. They may be less keen for a fat, grey, old bloke. :D

Sounds like we could have been separated at birth Guido.

Except of course I'm fluent in more languages. For example, I don't even have to think when speaking American or Australian.

;)

I suspect pammy's good lucks helps grease the wheels for good service. They may be less keen for a fat, grey, old bloke. :D

Sounds like we could have been separated at birth Guido.

Except of course I'm fluent in more languages. For example, I don't even have to think when speaking American or Australian.

;)
Laughs at typo. Ok so don't have to think to speak, have to, to type though lol :D:devil:

Luck ear Ean, doent pik wholes with my spelin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom