Edna's wheels to get a seeing to!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
Soon I'm making a trip to see Mr Walker and Edna's wheels are going to get a good seeing to!! They're coming off and getting a through clean and hopefully will paint the brake calipers too!

I was thinking of using a clay bar etc but once they are spotless - what's the best stuff to put on them to help keep them that way?

Wax/polish the same stuff used on the paint it will help stop brake dust etc. sticking... What colour calipers will you go for? if your lucky you might see my car in the flesh :rolleyes: ;) :D

Wax/polish the same stuff used on the paint it will help stop brake dust etc. sticking... What colour calipers will you go for? if your lucky you might see my car in the flesh :rolleyes: ;) :D

Silver I reckon ;)

Keep Ian away from the bright colours.

Keep Ian away from the bright colours.

lol - I will:D :D will deffo be silver and I'm buying the paint and doing the painting so if they end up another colour I've been drugged and locked in a cupboard somewhere :crazy: :crazy:

lol - I will:D :D will deffo be silver and I'm buying the paint and doing the painting so if they end up another colour I've been drugged and locked in a cupboard somewhere :crazy: :crazy:

Sounds like a plan, Ian do them Yellow :bannana: Thats what mine nearly were :crazy: :D

Do them that nice Brembo pale gold .....

Silver :rolleyes:

black , won't look used

but neither will silver ;)

yeah it will. The x5 has silver calipers and over the winter months when your less motivated they become stained with brake dust. :)

paint them black. Will keep them looking good. won't show the odd bit of brake dust.

I'd actually leave them unpainted. Nothing worse than highlighting a weedy stock caliper IMO. when they get large enough to shout about, the manufacturers tend to paint them anyway. I say leave them alone.

Standard/normal wax that is used on the paint work is just as good as the so called "special" wheel wax as the wheels are too panted with lacquer.

I had thought of a nice florescent pink, already have the paint :D :devil:
Sil...Sliv....Dull chrome aghhhhhhhhhhhh :crazy:

IMO, i would do them silver, use hammerite paint and if you can get them done with a heat proof laquer that would be best as its so easy to clean them with a laquer.

As for the wheels, like you have mentioned, use a clay bar after giving them a good wash, you will see all the rubbish come off then use wax, i used megs NXT proabaly not the logest lasting but boy did my rims shine have a look:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=35391

its the last set of pics after claying,

hope this helps

Raj

IMO, i would do them silver, use hammerite paint and if you can get them done with a heat proof laquer that would be best as its so easy to clean them with a laquer.

As for the wheels, like you have mentioned, use a clay bar after giving them a good wash, you will see all the rubbish come off then use wax, i used megs NXT proabaly not the logest lasting but boy did my rims shine have a look:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=35391

its the last set of pics after claying,

hope this helps

Raj

Cheers for that Raj. Helps a lot;) ;) Going to toddle Halfords later today;)

halfords had buy 2 get 3rd free offer on cleaning products pammy..... ask ian if he has a heat resistant laquer for your calipers

Raj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom