EE network calls from outside UK...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSB SL AMG

MB Enthusiast
Car
300SL (R129 1992 pre-facelift), Volvo V70 SE D5 Auto Geartronic
Hi All,

A family member is travelling to the middle east....they are on EE network and wondered if there is an APP that can be used to make calls to the UK via Wi-Fi?

I am on O2, they have Tu-Go so I use that....was wondering if EE have anything similar or ideas welcomed...

Thanks,
DSB.

Download Viber or Tango on both phones (Assuming the one receiving calls in the UK is a mobile. Great to use hotel free wi fi to make those calls.

EE have an app to make calls over WIFi but it's not been released yet. I was told it would be out Jan/Feb this year..

Thanks for info, will pass on...:thumb:

i'm on EE, sat on a vessel in foreign signal area with wifi and I use viber for voice calls.
Its free and nice and clear with no delay.

if your Family is going to the middle east and has no internet, i'd get a local PAYG sim and put it in an unlocked phone. when I was in saudi and iran it was something like 1p a minute to call the uk with a local sim in your phone(very cheap anyway).

EE also do a daily bolt on where for 3 quid in emea and 5 quid elsewhere (per day) you carry on with voice and data as if you were back in the uk with your bundled minutes and data.

If an iPhone or other Apple device then FaceTime will do it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom