Ee usk (Fish restaruant)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scumbag

MB Enthusiast
Car
Its German, has a round badge, reminds me of a Mercedes. Satan fuelled
I dont normally do this advertising bit but in reply to IanAlex2 who enquired if I had been there (eeusk) I have now.

and so i dont take over whichever thread it was when he asked, I have created this one.

Anyhow, it really is worth recommending, if you like fish, but although its correctly priced and you do get what you pay for, it isnt cheap. It would only get a Good off Gordan Ramsey tho. The menu is not printed for each day, so when I asked for the crab, they didnt have any. It does say when in season, but thats not the point, if you dont have it, it shouldnt be in the menu. Minor point but there you go.

I have never had Langoustines and to be brutally honest, when they arrived they scared the living daylights out of me. Especially when they sit one on the top of the plate facing you, and it moves when they put it down.

I even had to pretend I Knew how to eat one. Took me 3 to get to grips with the tool they give you to munch them in.

And it kind of makes you laugh that they have Haddock and Chips on the menu. Until you try any of the fish and chip shops in Oban that is. Then you know why they have it on the menu. And its very popular.

But if anyones passing thru, get yourself booked in. You shouldn't regret it.

scary big prawn

Last edited:
I dont normally do this advertising bit but in reply to IanAlex2 who enquired if I had been there (eeusk) I have now.

and so i dont take over whichever thread it was when he asked, I have created this one.

Anyhow, it really is worth recommending, if you like fish, but although its correctly priced and you do get what you pay for, it isnt cheap. It would only get a Good off Gordan Ramsey tho. The menu is not printed for each day, so when I asked for the crab, they didnt have any. It does say when in season, but thats not the point, if you dont have it, it shouldnt be in the menu. Minor point but there you go.

I have never had Langoustines and to be brutally honest, when they arrived they scared the living daylights out of me. Especially when they sit one on the top of the plate facing you, and it moves when they put it down.

I even had to pretend I Knew how to eat one. Took me 3 to get to grips with the tool they give you to munch them in.

And it kind of makes you laugh that they have Haddock and Chips on the menu. Until you try any of the fish and chip shops in Oban that is. Then you know why they have it on the menu. And its very popular.

But if anyones passing thru, get yourself booked in. You shouldn't regret it.

scary big prawn

Glad you enjoyed it....I was lucky enough to eat there in it's first week of opening....wasn't called that then.....but was seriously good and very cheap. I'm a huge fish fan and the meals we had there were fabulous....nothing fancy...just fish so fresh that very little needed doing to it. Iirc it used to be the old seaman's mission......and when we ate there they were still using the mission's tables and knives and forks! But boy was the fish was good!

Looks a nice menu, nothing like fresh fish. Hopefully I'll be up there one day and get a chance to give it a try. Can't do my waistline any more damage can it? :eek:

Refreshing to see languoustines actually sold in Scotland, I do occasional bits of IT work for a large fresh fish processor near Glasgow and they get their prawns from Malaysia as "the local langoustines go to Europe, they're far too expensive for us....". Makes you wonder.

I was in Arbroath on sunday and brought back some smokies :) mmmmmmmmmm

Superb! Well worth the drive :)

there are 2 other fish restuarants here.

One is called the waterfront and Eeusk send people over if they are full. The other is the Fish Temple which is only open when it has fresh fish. So you have to look at the board. They have a fish stall behind the ferry terminal and thats open similar.

Apparently they are both as good.

Oban is not cheap to eat out in, and I have to suggest to anyone, avoid the chinese. Its edible but not value for money.

We do have 3 indian restaurants though. All the same, but the interior of the Taj Mahal is painted pastel shades and as such is nice and light, which makes a difference to me. And its nearest my home.

We need a Japanese place up here. The best I have found so far, if 600miles away in Southend.

Oban is not cheap to eat out in, and I have to suggest to anyone, avoid the chinese. Its edible but not value for money.

So that's not changed then !

We need a Japanese place up here. The best I have found so far, if 600miles away in Southend.

Try the Hiroko at the Kensington Hilton.....very good and a little nearer:D

Also,

If you fancy a drive up to Achiltibuie.......the Summer Isles Hotel restaurant will probably not disappoint.....however....be warned it is pricey!

Last edited:
So that's then changed then !

Try the Hiroko at the Kensington Hilton.....very good and a little nearer:D

Also,

If you fancy a drive up to Achiltibuie.......the Summer Isles Hotel restaurant will probably not disappoint.....however....be warned it is pricey!

I have been told about that place. We will be making a trip up for business reasons when i get the boss sorted.

The chinese is not comparable to the ones in Leeds. And they are not the best but they certainly are better food, better service and cheaper prices which make them better value for money.

It is ok, but I wouldn't recommend it. any of the 3 indians are okay, but to be brutal, the ones near where my house in Bradford is, beat the leaving daylights out of the ones here, and they are cheaper too. But it is curry capital of the world, so I suppose that helps.

Still, will keep on looking, until I get fed up with food and find something else to eat.

..... but to be brutal, the ones near where my house in Bradford is, beat the leaving daylights out of the ones here, and they are cheaper too. But it is curry capital of the world, so I suppose that helps.
QUOTE]

Ah the Karachi to name but one.......thirty years ago I ate in the Bradford curry houses on a daily basis....wonderful!!

Last edited:
If you dont like too spicy food, all the ones here knock up decent dishes. If you like enough spice to be able to actually determine that it isn't different from the other, then this is not really the place. Okay tho.

I have been told the Manor House hotel here is very good for food, as is the Soroba house. Not been yet.

They are quite discerning up here too. Everybody has the same view of the chinese, and if someone recommends somewhere it, so far, has been good.

the problem is, unlike yorkshire people, they are not blunt enough when they are not very good. So they tend not to be quite as forthcoming about places which frankly, ought to be public toilets instead of eateries.

Still, they laugh when i get on a rant about some of the places.

The other thing I didnt appreciate here, is everyone knows everyone else, so sometimes my nice, relaxed, accomodating, prepared to take everything in my stride, reputation preceeds me.

Which means they do go to great lenghts to make it right. So that has an effect. They havn't yet got consistancy on that, but they do try, which is a breath of fresh air really. Back in Yorkshire they just show you the door.

Ahem, Avoid Coasters on the esplanade tho. I think were about to be shown the door but we got to it first in a hail of profanities. I was in a party of people who knew people who mentioned it to the owners, so I am welcome in there anytime, including a free drink for the disruption. I wont be going. They had the chance.

And the royal Mail got it too. but thats another story.

One favorite expression here is, "oh yes, Its been like that for 20 years"

With my stock reply "So thats a good excuse for not doing something about then, you can polish s**t all you like but it still s**t 20 years later"

usually ends in silence.

One favorite expression here is, "oh yes, Its been like that for 20 years"

With my stock reply "So thats a good excuse for not doing something about then, you can polish s**t all you like but it still s**t 20 years later"

usually ends in silence.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

We should try a Bradford Curry gtg:D

I love seafood and would love to try ee usk - some of the menu looks stunning. Some things look a bit weird but in the main - my idea of foodie heaven:eek: :p

We should try a Bradford Curry gtg:D

I love seafood and would love to try ee usk - some of the menu looks stunning. Some things look a bit weird but in the main - my idea of foodie heaven:eek: :p
I might even pop home to attend that one.

I took My parents to Eeusk for fathers day. And even though the prices are on the menu, it was good enough for you to just keep choosing, so 3 courses and a bottle of wine came out over £100. You could be cheap and keep track, if you are on a budget, but everything was very well done and really worth the money.

You should book a holiday to the Alexandra Hotel. Its kind of like the Anchorage but bigger, with more people roaming about looking for the undertaker. And every thursday night is Scottish night, with gangs of man! charging about with some animal in serious pain. Or at least it sounds like that.

Here obanheaven

no laughing when you read the bit about lift to all floor (Some Steps).:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom