EGR and DPF removal kit for OM642 (CLS 320 cdi)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AkisGr

Car
CLS 320 with Brabus D6 and KW SC
Its a little bit complex the issue i got. I want to remove the EGR and DPF of my car CLS 320 Cdi (2006 UK model) but i'm not in the UK anymore.
I live in Greece and i cant find somebody here that has knowledge on the diesel CLS.

Does anybody know any UK company that has a kit for that that they might be able to ship it?
Or even just to mention a good company in the UK that i could call and ask them myself.

My car also has the D6 Brabus chip, if thats of any help.
Thanks in advance.

IMO proceeding with DFP/EGR removal you will be asking for trouble and the so called additional power gains will be minimal as a decent stage 1 remap by a highly reputable tuner would give you peak optimum power in comparison.

Fact that you have Brabus power module which is integrated into the vehicle's canbus system will no doubt cause you issues with DPF/EGR delete.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not thinking about any power increase. I'm really happy with the brabus chip performance as it is.
EGR/DPF are a lot of trouble on their own. Removing will only make the car healthier and better. I already had troubles with them. I'm living in a big city and most of the time i'm driving in the traffic.
Do you know any reputable company in the UK that specializes in matters as such?
What i dont know ,as u mentioned too, is what will the Brabus chip part be in all this.

Would need to be mapped out, not seen any kits but it can probably be done by sending off your ecu to be tuned, not the best solution I know. The brabus chip will cause you problems as it is designed for a stock engine. Cannot comment if you can run both. If you get the dpf physically cut out you still need a remap. Only real options are to either take it for a blast regularly or change it for a petrol.

Thanks. It seems that way. I'm waiting 2 more years to get a used S63 coupe but for now the only car i got is this good old CLS.
I spoke with MSL Performance and they say the same. Cant work with Brabus on it, have to ditch it and send ECU for remap.
I think my only true option here is to take it out on the highway every week to give it a good blast for 20 minutes or so.
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom