Egr Blanking Plate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pcthrillrider

Car
2017 C220 CDI 4MATIC AMG LINE PREMIUM
anyone know where i can get a egr blanking plate for a 2012 220 cdi w204? im having it mapped out soon

No need as the devil valve will remain shut .

You only need a blank if the egr is faulty and is partially stuck open .

Who ever is doing the remap should be competent enough to tell you...

If they can’t, you might want to rethink to letting them loose on your car...

Egrs are usually "blanked off" electronically. You can't simply blank them off with a plate. There's a very long running thread on here about this.

Egrs are usually "blanked off" electronically. You can't simply blank them off with a plate. There's a very long running thread on here about this.

who told you that? you can fit a blanking plate where the exhaust gas goes to the egr then have it mapped out

Yes , most common is a two bolt flange end of an egr feed pipe .

I've a 1.5mm slip in blank in the VeeDub at the base of the feed pipe which meets the exhaust manifold , this is optional as it just prevents the tube from needlessly filling up with exhaust gasses .

I've a 1.5mm slip in blank in the VeeDub at the base of the feed pipe which meets the exhaust manifold , this is optional as it just prevents the tube from needlessly filling up with exhaust gasses .
where did you get your blank from m8?

The following applies to sophisticated car mamagement, such as Mercs from this century. I've discussed this with a highly recommended remapper, and this was their view.

You can physically put a blanking plate usually between the block and the EGR pipe.

If this is done and the EGR valve is not mapped out, it will throw EML errors.

If electronically blanked, the valve will simply remain shut, and the remap will delete the EGR process and so no error codes.

Only in the event the EGR valve is blocked open/faulty, would you need to fit a blanking plate, and this is because it is cheaper and quicker than fitting/fixing the EGR valve, which will be of course allowing constant EGR vent.

Hi mate, did you put two blanking plates on or just one? thanks.

Just one in this case as the actual value remains closed .

Okay thanks, i had my car mapped last year, and i remember there was fault codes on the EGR, he deleted it out of the ECU, but obviously the faults will still be there as the EGR wasn't working properly and the car is not performing to what it should be. The EGR is still plugged in, before it getting blanked does it need to be unplugged aswell or will it be fine as it's been deleted from the ECU?

Thanks.

Leave the electrical connection as written out.

If partially open / faulty , blank .

Leave the electrical connection as written out.

If partially open / faulty , blank .

perfect, thank you for the quick responses, I should use forums more often. :eek: I do have one last question that you might know if you don't mind.

Any idea what the black thing is that the EGR pipe is connected to?

Thanks again! :)

Attachments

• egr.jpg
    egr.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 20
Probably a stupid plastic inlet manifold .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom