EGR Delete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark Ager

Car
mercedes c 270
Has anyone preformed a EGR delete on a c270 ive just tryed it and had problems the cable colours where different and the pin detinations also different to the drawing. Pin 35 Green/Grey no green grey on my ecu at all? yellow /white pin 21 this colour was there but not pin 21 and there was two of them 1 on 2 different plugs? what i did is connected my PCB which id put my diode and resister on, between the yellow/ black on the transducer and the pin5 of the MAF sensor which is yellow/white i piggy backed the cables or put them parrallel if you like, so all origanal connection remain :crazy:? Diesel man you must no where im goin wrong

the yellow black was the volt free cable or the swichted wire from the transducer i guess, ive also tryed the 12v side of the transducer accross the PCB to the pin 5 of the MAF sensor didnt work either:(

Dieselman is the chap to talk to about this , but he's just been banned.

You can contact him on the other side.

How do i contact diesel man ?

Mark,
I did the EGR delete on my E270CDI. I think there were two yellow/white wires on the plug and it was a case of tracing the correct one back to the MAF. The EGR pair were twisted together so they were easy to locate.
I just stripped back about 4mm of insulation carefully, bound and soldered the shunt wires as necessary, and neatly finished it with insulation tape. No problems at all since fitting.
Good luck

Attachments

• shunt.JPG
    shunt.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 259
  • egrwiring.JPG
    egrwiring.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 245
  • mafwire.JPG
    mafwire.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 240
Ive just looked at your pictures and im on another page evidently, ive connected accross the 12v feed to the transducer and the wire to pin5 on the MAF i havent done it by the ecu as i was unsure of the correct wire colours . So im well off whats the correct wires and ultimately what am i trying to acheive? Laymans terms

Mark, Read the post that Whitenemesis gave the link to, from the start, and also Toby1's clear photos.
Fit the little shunt, its best done in the ECU box, just 4 screws holding the cover down , and when done its nice and hidden and dry in there.
Don't forget to actually disconnect the plug to the EGR tranducer and secure it neatly with a bit of tape in its socket, but not connected of course.
The EGR will then never open and you have achieved the aim of no more exhaust gases going into your engine and gunging the inside and swirl flaps of the manifold.

The shunt circuit just feeds the slightly altered voltage to the MAF circuit, monitored by the ECU, and all appears well as far as the ECU is concerned, and it won't cause a limp home mode fault.

Ok ive had a look i think im just guna copy urs to the letter so uve connected to red black with ur red cable then your grey to grey black then your yellow to yellow brown yeah?

Mark, Yes you have got it almost, the MAF pin 5 was yellow/white on mine. There was a choice of two but it was no trouble identifying which was the one needed at the ECU box. A multimeter on ohms range, and check from the MAF plug pin 5 to a temporary probe consisting of a very sharp pin to stab through the insulation of the yellow/white wires to check you have found the correct one. Thats why there is a loop of yellow wire on my correct yellow/white in the photo!!
Good luck.

Cheers rich yeah it is yellow white on mine too ive got a continuity tester so ill double check it fingers crossed

Cheers rich yeah it is yellow white on mine too ive got a continuity tester so ill double check it fingers crossed

You could always have asked me for my Word document on how I did my C270 cdi.
I took the basic Dieselman info and added my own write up and photos.

Its has full instructions and photographs..

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you the Word doc..
Print it out and there you go...

Last edited:

Why not post it here for all to see. It would no doubt be a useful addition to the forum.

Why not post it here for all to see. It would no doubt be a useful addition to the forum.

I thought about it but it would use up my allocation of Photo space on here..

I have sent many of these "How to's" out so please feel free to contact me anyone who is interested..

I dont want to stick my e-mail address up on here permanently..:mad:

I thought about it but it would use up my allocation of Photo space on here..

Most people don't upload pictures to this site. They put them on a free hosting service like Photobucket, and just paste a link here. E.g.

bin03.jpg

Hiya all -i'm newbie on this forum, but hope to contribute wherever I can.
I've been following this thread for a while and took the plunge. I've made up my shunt from a few bits in my toolbox and began tracing wiring on my 2005 CLK 270CDi (C209)
The EGR wires are quite straight forward - and present themselves as a twisted pait in ECU enclosure.
However the MAF is a tad confusing.
I believe the signal wire is always on the terminal 5 of MAF plug, and should show a swing of 2-4Vdc when engine rev'd. However when I've tested my term 5 output ( connect to MAF and probed through insulation) _ achieving a 0.5Vdc swing from 0.5 - 1.0 V - is this correct?
More confusing still - the wire on MAF plug is BR/WHT yet when belled back to ECU it has swapped colour to YL/WHT - (pin 24 on plug 4).
Is it normal for wiring to change colour code mid run?
any help greatly appreciated
Alistair

Is this still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom