EGR mod on Vito 110cdi not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulinho

Car
C270
As title say the EGR mod isn´t working on my Vito 110 cdi (2002 model).
I already have done it in my C270 and is working fine, but i don´t know why it doesn´t work on the Vito cause it´s always throwing an error relating to EGR and going to limp mode after +/- 20 min driving.
Pins are 37 and 50 in ECU relating to EGR transducer and pin 18 is the MAF pin 5
Aready tried with and without the electrical connector of the EGR transducer plugged with the same result... Limp mode.
Already double checked the shunt resistors and diode and it´s all ok there.
Engine 611.980
Anyone here have a clue of what can be the problem?

Thanks

yes, it´s a vaccum operated egr
uses the same transducer as the C270

Is the MAF reading dropping by 0.4v when the EGR valve is supposed to be operated?

try plugging the vacuum pipe to the egr,
mine did the same thing until i unplugged the transducer and plugged the vacuum pipe to the egr.i tried a couple of times when the vacuum pipe was unblocked it went into limp mode even though the transducer was unplugged,but when i stuck a bolt into the end of the vacuum pipe it was fine.

hth

Gareth

Dieselman -» I have the MAF reading of 2.04v when engine is idling, but i am not sure when the EGR is suposed to be operating

Gazz270 -» Currently i have a 5mm ball in the vacuum pipe that operates the EGR, but with or without it the error happens.

Dont know if it´s relevant but i also have a brake switch CAN error.
Obs: When i clear both errors in the ECU, after driving some time, both errors come again

only other thing i can think of would be a faulty maf or the connections of the shunt wires where they connect into the ecu wires,

i´ve voltage tested Pin 5 in the maf itself and it reads the same value as in the ECU side after the shunt MAF wire

Between 2.00 to 2.10 volts at idle...
Shouldn´t give less 0.4v in one side of the MAF wire when idling? (after or before the shunt?)
The voltage rises as the revs go up, but then drops directly to 2.04 volts when goes to idle speed.

611.980 Thats my engine if i'm right. when i got my 2.2 cdi the egr hose was off , the car ran fine and no limp mode. The egr has no sensors or anything attached. The vac hose did make a noise now and then but i reconnected it instead of blocking it. I have been thinking of doing it lately. Where is the transducer you speak of ? And if anyone knows does he have the same engine as mine ? V220 cdi yr 2000. I'm sure the model is 99-03 but maybe it has more added. My dash clock is marked 110 cdi so some parts are the same

611.980 Thats my engine if i'm right. when i got my 2.2 cdi the egr hose was off , the car ran fine and no limp mode. The egr has no sensors or anything attached. The vac hose did make a noise now and then but i reconnected it instead of blocking it. I have been thinking of doing it lately. Where is the transducer you speak of ? And if anyone knows does he have the same engine as mine ? V220 cdi yr 2000. I'm sure the model is 99-03 but maybe it has more added. My dash clock is marked 110 cdi so some parts are the same

Track the tube that goes to the egr valve. 1 end goes to the EGR valve and the other is on the EGR transducer
it´s a black cilinder with two vacuum tubes at the top and one micro filter and electrical plug at the bottom (if it´s the same setup of the 110 cdi)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom