EICHER Brake Pads Any Good ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
E220d Estate S213 2017
Hi, I purchased EICHER pads for the front and TRW pads for rears as that's all that was avail at the time, so anyone had these on front of their E class W213 / S213. I got these as was told pads needed replacing by the usual fast fit centre chancers but they are still fine after a 2nd opinion and only needed a new pad sensor £6, so still have the new pads and will fit them when need arises along with new disks, as I will be keeping this car for a good few yrs now, as it does all I need well inc towing etc.
Anyone used Eicher (eurocarparts) and what disks would you suggest ? Stick with plain vented or go for drilled etc ?
My car has TRW calipers front(push in) and rear(wind in piston)
Tia. 😷👍

BTW Eicher is Euro Car Parts 'own brand', no idea who makes it for them.

EDIT - found this:

'Euro Car Parts, a leading UK distributor of vehicle parts, has introduced a new range of Eicher brake pads which are 100% made in Britain.

Supplying Eicher are TMD Friction, the world’s largest manufacturer of original equipment (OE) brake friction material for passenger cars and commercial vehicles.'

Personally, I only fit genuine MB discs and pads, but this is only because it's what indies I use recommend. I think the MB-branded items are made by Pagid, or at least some of them are.

Last edited:
I bought Eicher pads and discs for my Fiat panda and they are actually ok, they do the job better than the ones that they replaced. not sure if I would go that cheap on something with more performance.
I have Pagid on my CL

As for drilled discs....:

My view is that if you had no issues with the car's braking performance so far, then the drilled discs are mainly for the aesthetic effect, which isn't a bad thing.

I once fitted eicher discs and pads to a 1.9tdi passat I owned . The discs were OK. Rusty every morning but the pads I wouldn't fit to a mountain bike . The wear rate was rubbish and the dust off them was unreal.

I once fitted eicher discs and pads to a 1.9tdi passat I owned . The discs were OK. Rusty every morning but the pads I wouldn't fit to a mountain bike . The wear rate was rubbish and the dust off them was unreal.
Was this years ago before they were made in UK as suggested in prev reply ?

Drilled discs offer no benefit in normal driving. The holes can increase pad wear.

MB pads are not expensive, will fit the car, and are designed for the car.
I already have the Eicher fronts, so don't want to buy others if these are good enough. My car is just an SE Premium 220d so no big calipers etc. Who makes the MB ones ? Also read bad reviews on Brembo disks which surprised me, so was thinking TEXTAR disks instead or TRW same as calipers. 😷

I already have the Eicher fronts, so don't want to buy others if these are good enough. My car is just an SE Premium 220d so no big calipers etc. Who makes the MB ones ? Also read bad reviews on Brembo disks which surprised me, so was thinking TEXTAR disks instead or TRW same as calipers. 😷
Cannot comment on any aftermarket pads and discs apart from Pagid. Had these fitted to my C Class and they were good.

As an aside, my current E Class had been fitted with non-MB pads on the front, they were worn to about 20% left when I bought it and had MB discs and pads fitted all round resulting in a much better and smoother feel when braking.

Last edited:
Cannot comment on any aftermarket pads and discs apart from Pagid. Had these fitted to my C Class and they were good.

As an aside, my current E Class had been fitted with non-MB pads on the front, they were worn to about 20% left when I bought it and had MB discs and pads fitted all round resulting in a much better feel when braking smoother
Think I might just buy TRW for fronts to match rears and my caliper make TRW for a good fit. Also prob get their disks. No rush as not needed yet as car flew through MOT.

Was this years ago before they were made in UK as suggested in prev reply ?
It was , no idea if they are any better now tbh or where they are made . China the last I heard . If you heard the uk . Whereabouts and who ?

Pagid are horrible dust monsters .

It was , no idea if they are any better now tbh or where they are made . China the last I heard . If you heard the uk . Whereabouts and who ?
Markjay's post further up ^^ says UK made now.

Not sure why anyone fits OEM or OE pads to personal cars anyway .

I haven't for 20+years .

Why not? The fit is guaranteed, so if the price is right then there's no reason not to trust the manufacturer's engineers who prepared the spec.

BTW, both Olly at PCS and Terry at Wayne Gates recommended Genuine MB brakes, and this is what they fitted to my car. No problems so far....

I am not opposed to using other brands, just can't see why you think that fitting OE parts isn't a good idea....?

Ceramic...

Anything is just super dusty and bad for the environment .

All these dog shite pads will be a thing of the past with future legislation .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom