Eicher front pads any good??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJayUK

Car
ML320 W163, E320 W210 & Jaguar X300-XJR6
I want to buy a new set of front pads for my long wheelbase S320 today so off to my local Euro Car Parts. The ones that were in stock in the store are from a company called Eicher that I haven't heard off, the Jurid ones I wanted needed to be ordered. The Euro's man reckon they are as good as any OEM pads although there a good tenner cheaper. I haven't parted with any cash yet but wanted to find out if anyone had any experience or opinions on these?

I am a little concerned as the SClass is big old motor!

We use them, no complaints.. a good straight fit..

I think they have a good deal with Eicher hence the price...

Sounds like they could be a bargain then, I might pick up a set and see how they fair.

Thanks

Despite a German sounding name Eicher are an Indian based company. In today's global car manufacturing environment this may or may not be important to you?

Indian pads on Germany's finest doesn't feel right so I'll wait and buy the Jurid ones (unless you tell me that these are made in Northern China!).

Ok, willing to put my principles to one side and give them a go....

Jaymanek, I trust your experience seeing as you have fitted these (and I assume your a motor trade professional), but really what is the quality like? Is it a false economy or, are they (as the man in Euro's told me) as good as any of the OEM products. If I came into your workshop in my S320 LWB would you recommend them?

PjayUK.. We do fit them on a daily basis, however in all honesty, I have not run any car for long enough to know how long they last compared to MB Pads.

They are a good brand, but if its going to play on your mind, just buy genuine... they wont be much more and your dealer will have them in stock.

I dont use them unless a customer is tight for money.

I don't like them compared to ATE stuff. I have had squeeking issues with them before.

Generally a cheap product.

ATE & Jurid are definately a better product but like you say, much more expensive usually..

I'll order the Jurid ones from ECP's tonight.....

Thanks guys.

Always worth checking dealer prices by the way.. I found brake pads for my R107 was cheaper from them...

Good point, I'll give Tony Purslow's in Guildford a quick bell!

Wonder what the Eicher brake wear sensors are like, Euro's had those as well for around 3 quid a piece!

PJayUK

What exactly is the problem with the proper spec pads from the dealer that you know will fit correctly first time, and wear well, and give good stopping power, and with 2 years guarantee - what exactly is the problem with those???????????

cost mainly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom