EIS? Help needed please..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e55nick

Car
E55K 04 Silver
Hi all,

I went to start my E350 cdi (265) today and nothing. The key will turn, the mileage shows on the dash but nothing else shows. The radio works, the battery is fully charged but cannot start the car. I can lock/unlock the car and have changed the battery in the fob. Could this be an EIS issue? I can't even get it to a garage to get it diagnosed. Any ideas on someone in East Sussex that would be able to diagnose? I usually go to Stevenson's in Larkfield. Any ideas/suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Nick

It could the EIS, but it could also be other things... the fault codes need to be read with STAR or other suitable scanner

Also, did you get the car serviced at an MB dealer in the past 12 months, by any chance? If you did, then you can call MB Mobilo roadside assistance who will come out and diagnose the issue for free.

When you turn the key to start , what exactly happens . ?

Also can you navigate in comand to show battery voltage? Or use steering wheel

More likely to be the ESL steering lock unit. If you have a manual adjust steering column, loosen the clamp and pull out and slam in the steering wheel a few times, see if it comes back to life

With huge thanks to the forum and Stevenson's Mercedes in Larkfield. A vigorous, I mean vigorous too as I thought I might break the steering column, the Electronic Steering Lock, (ESL), has sprung back to life allowing the unit to be replaced. Credit too to MSC Autolocksmiths in Kent as they were able to fix the problem this morning so it doesn't happen again.
It's so nice to have these invaluable sources of information.

Kind regards
Nick

Nice result! Thanks for reporting back, so many don’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom