El. Power Control Visit Workshop! Epc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Olly fixed mine by changing the fuel filter. :bannana:

Long shot but it could be that the fuel tank breather is blocked. A blockage prevents air getting into the tank to replace the used fuel. A vacuum builds in the tank as fuel is consumed and eventually the pump can no longer pump fuel to the engine. A short wait or removing the filler cap relieves the vacuum and off you go again.

Usually diagnosed by a slight noise of air rushing in when the filler cap is removed (if done the moment the vehicle stops). As it's a diesel rather than petrol you could go for a gentle drive with the filler removed (so long as your tank is mostly empty so that you don't slop it everywhere - you're a biker so you know the risks from that). Without a filler cap there can be no vacuum so the car should run fine.

Mind you, this is what happened to my MkII Golf. It might not apply to an MB.

I get this error message on my E320 CDi, it is due to a dirty/blocked fuel filter, easy fixed and expected since I'm running on 100% Biodiesel at 15pence a litre. Car has run well on Bio fuel for 2 years and costs about 9 pounds to fill it up!

I get this error message on my E320 CDi, it is due to a dirty/blocked fuel filter, easy fixed and expected since I'm running on 100% Biodiesel at 15pence a litre. Car has run well on Bio fuel for 2 years and costs about 9 pounds to fill it up!

How easy is the fix? I have this problem, where is the filter do you know?
thanks

Olly fixed mine by changing the fuel filter. :bannana:

Hi I am a new member on here .was wondering if someone can help please i have Merc e320 Cdi on a 2000 reg it was parked up for almost a year while I was abroad.just a couple of days ago I tryed started the car .I took out the battery and had it charged and put back in the car the car started but came up with three codes ,two of the codes went away but one remains epc code the car starts fine but does not engage in drive or reverse as if something is stopping it from moving can anyone pls help thank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom