elec window/mirror problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrtidy

Car
E200 auto saloon
i have 98 W210 E200 saloon, and i,m having problems with the front windows and elec mirrors not working,if i take out number 16 fuse for half anhour they start working again ,but after a few days they stop again, sometimes just the drivers side ,sometimes just the passenger side ,sometimes both sides,i wondered if the heatered mirrors were causing the problem because they usually stop working again when the weather is either cold or damp and i wondered if the heatered mirrow sensors were causing the problem, i,m l clutching at straws now,its sending me mad and i,m loathe to take it to the main stealers who say they will change the control unit under the switches( £150 ) and the module in the door ( £ god know how much)plus labour...any help would be appreciated.
p.s. is there any way of isolating the elec mirrors from the windows ?

did you ever get an answer to this ?
I have a 1999 W210 E300 saloon which is doing exactly the same,
unfortunately I have already been persuaded to pay for the change of the Signal Acquisition Module, (ouch).
This helped for about 2 weeks, and the windows worked perfectly well all winter, soon as the weather heated up tho .......

DavyY

it is now sorted ,i had to take it to the main stealers though,they said it was a control module in the passenger door which they changed and it didnt fix it but they also then found a short circuit under the back seat somewhere where the wires go to one of the fuse boxes,,this sorted it out ok and its been great since,sorry i cant be of more help but i think with something like this the main stealers are the only option,my local indy couldnt help because its all a bit too complicated.

thanks anyway, I tried the Fuse trick this morning,
no success I'm afraid, still you cant be blamed for getting my hopes up
looks like the big bill shop it is then.

DavyY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom