Electric Aerial Location ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kinky

MB Enthusiast
Car
All sorts of odds n sods
I know this may sound like a peculiar question, but here goes ....

On my facelifted (93 L) 124 estate, the electric aerial is located on the passengers side of the car.

However, I have noticed with every other 124 I've seen in the past week or so, that their aerials are all located on the drivers side.

In addition - we have a German-imported LHD 124, and his aerial is also located on the right side (in his case the passengers side).

Bottom line - since I've noticed this - mine is the only car I've seen (out of about 15+) with the aerial on the passengers side. There's no marks (inside or out) on the drivers side to suggest it's been re-located.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks in advance,

K

Our E220 W124 has the aerial on the passengers side. May be they changed it over at the time of the facelift??

Tan.

Yeah - I would have thought that with the facelift it might have moved to the passenger side - but I have seen lots of later models with it on the drivers side - hence my question.

And for the record - my spare wheel, sunroof motor and electric aerial are all in the rear passenger side comparment.

K

I saw an identical car to my own yesterday evening.

E280 estate - L reg (don't know if it was a 93 or 94) - looked like the same spec as mine - only obvious difference was the colour (really dark blue).

And his aerial was on the drivers side!

Well my 1991 CE is on the passenger side if that helps.

I'm guessing that aerials, radios etc would be fitted at the PDI so the side they are fitted on would be down to the individual dealer.

Andy

Originally posted by andy_k
I'm guessing that aerials, radios etc would be fitted at the PDI so the side they are fitted on would be down to the individual dealer.

Andy

I'm fairly sure I was told that.

I remember we managed to get a new aerial and some work done at the time of purchase of our now departed 300TE, because it was the only spot on the car where there was any rust.

Pretty sure the dealer who fixed it badmouthed the dealer who'd fitted it, giving the same explanation as Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom