Electric Ariel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
Yep, another electrical problem. Fitting a new ariel today and can get the damn thing to go up, but cant get it to come down. The unit has a green and a red wire coming out of it plus an earth. The car has (on the coax) a black wire comming from it. I have connected the red and green to a live feed from the car. The coax black is earthed and the earth obviously goes to earth. What have I done wrong and how do I fix it?

have you connected it to a live feed or a "radio live" feed ? usually blue or yellow (one of those will be aerial and the other display illumination on the unit) off the back of your unit and I think if I remember correctly on the 124 it's yellow all the way through the car until about 20cm short of the aerial where there is a plastic connector and a short lead which connects to the aerial motor unit where there are two lives - one is constant (and parks the aerial) the other is live only when you turn the radio on and overrides the other connection.

I'm happy to nip out to my car and check which wire is which if you like

Andy

Last edited:
Many thanks Andy (and for the pm too) I will check this out in the morning as its starting to look like rain :( That has to be another beer I owe you. :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom